webfact

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like Siam Simon. He really livens up the joint with this crazyness :lol:

Yes so do I, but one must be careful of breaking the rules with brisk and controversial replies and statements and which are not in agreement with others. :)

Oh yeah? Says who? :D

Apparently Forum rule #5 as I've been told. If you disagree or have a different view from someone else then that rule can be used against you.

The OP is a very controversial one with many and varied opinions. Who's right or wrong?

Opinions, discussions and debates are what this and other similar topics generate. :)

I like Siam Simon. He really livens up the joint with this crazyness :lol:

Yes, I like me too. It's sooooo crazy to highlight the current corruption and abuses of power by the military and the Demo party and their allies. If one closed one's eyes and forgot about everything, one could imagine a glittering reformist government controlled by Abhisit, rather than the reality of a pact of corrupt, old-school gangsters using and abusing an increasingly frustrated Abhisit. I'm so crazy that I want to see all the gangsters and their patrons placed in history where they belong. I know it's unlikely to happen anytime soon. But you won't find me advertising one set of gangsters as being mysteriously better than any of the others. I support the Thai people.

OK Everyone, seems this thread is taking the usual nasty track with a few members who can't debate in a reasonable manner without resorting to flames. Drop the flaming or suspensions will be handed out to the worst transgressors.

as for the other issue: from what it looks like to me a moderator probably edited Siam simon's post to remove the unconfirmed inflammatory and propagandish post and forgot to use the edited by button. Its not good, but accidents do happen.

I beg to differ. The original post by TallForeigner is still intact:

as are all the replies quoting it, including the one by Insight.

I stopped reading Buchholz' posts because he appears to be a new cyber-incarnation of a repeatedly banned well-known TV trouble causer. The above posts have brought his quote of my post "Where?" to my attention. He has clearly modified my quoted post to include the line by TallForeigner. Wasn't this sort of behaviour one of the reasons why Sriracha John was banned?

What is your deal with SRJ? I've read no less than 20 posts from you over the last several months accusing multiple users of being SRJ. You sound disturbingly obsessed. Let it go man.

Which tells the forum where you stand with Sriracha John and his couple of dozen forum aliases. He does have his fellow right-wing allies, doesn't he?

Yes, I like me too. It's sooooo crazy to highlight the current corruption and abuses of power by the military and the Demo party and their allies. If one closed one's eyes and forgot about everything, one could imagine a glittering reformist government controlled by Abhisit, rather than the reality of a pact of corrupt, old-school gangsters using and abusing an increasingly frustrated Abhisit. I'm so crazy that I want to see all the gangsters and their patrons placed in history where they belong. I know it's unlikely to happen anytime soon. But you won't find me advertising one set of gangsters as being mysteriously better than any of the others. I support the Thai people.

But you won't find me advertising one set of gangsters as being mysteriously better than any of the others.

I find you doing that all the time in your support of the red shirt movement.

Particularly, you support the Thai people that want bring back one of the most corrupt, old-school gangsters that abused his power no end before he was kicked out.

I stopped reading Buchholz' posts because he appears to be a new cyber-incarnation of a repeatedly banned well-known TV trouble causer. The above posts have brought his quote of my post "Where?" to my attention. He has clearly modified my quoted post to include the line by TallForeigner. Wasn't this sort of behaviour one of the reasons why Sriracha John was banned?

What is your deal with SRJ? I've read no less than 20 posts from you over the last several months accusing multiple users of being SRJ. You sound disturbingly obsessed. Let it go man.

Which tells the forum where you stand with Sriracha John and his couple of dozen forum aliases. He does have his fellow right-wing allies, doesn't he?

I agree with buchholz, way2muchcoffee. Does that make me a fellow right-wing? Who's Sriracha John anyway? From what I've seen over the last months most banned users either lost a battle they started, or their temper. Don't b childish. Now get back on topic.

OK Everyone, seems this thread is taking the usual nasty track with a few members who can't debate in a reasonable manner without resorting to flames. Drop the flaming or suspensions will be handed out to the worst transgressors.

as for the other issue: from what it looks like to me a moderator probably edited Siam simon's post to remove the unconfirmed inflammatory and propagandish post and forgot to use the edited by button. Its not good, but accidents do happen.

Actually it is indicative of your obsession more than anything else. I remember SRJ from the past, barely, as the guy who posted lots of articles. That's about it. If you check my posting history you will see that I was barely active at TV during SRJ's run. A few years ago he disappeared for some reason that I am not privy to, nor do I care.

What I have noticed in recent months are your inexplicable accusations of various posters, stating or implying they are SRJ. It seems that you see SRJ behind every rock. You see him and hiding in shadows, lurking, under the bed or in the closet perhaps. It is this behavior that suggests to me that you have some kind of unhealthy obsession.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

Particularly, you support the Thai people that want bring back one of the most corrupt, old-school gangsters that abused his power no end before he was kicked out.

I don't know why I'm bothering to reply to your post. You only joined TV to post pro Demo propaganda, running up one thousand posts in the first month of your membership, every single one of them about politics. but, what the hel_l, I will anyway. I, personally, don't want to see Thaksin back anywhere near Thailand any more than I want to see the current bunch of mafia families in charge and making an international fool out of such a bright and decent guy as Abhisit. And Thaksin is a corrupt, new-school gangster who understood that it's better to bring the lower classes up a little bit, rather than keep them down. The current bunch of thugs in charge didn't learn anything with their first attempt to get their snouts back at the trough (the 2006 coup). Eventually, it dawned on them that they needed to make similar and even slightly improved concessions to the ones Thaksin made. This is all good. Meanwhile, corruption is running more rampant than ever.

And, just for the TV record, my ideal govt is one which is actually chosen by and genuinely led by Abhisit (far and away the most decent leading politician around), rather than the current sham which has turned Abhisit into international laughing stock.

Actually it is indicative of your obsession more than anything else. I remember SRJ from the past, barely, as the guy who posted lots of articles. That's about it. If you check my posting history you will see that I was barely active at TV during SRJ's run. A few years ago he disappeared for some reason that I am not privy to, nor do I care.

What I have noticed in recent months are your inexplicable accusations of various posters, stating or implying they are SRJ. It seems that you see SRJ behind every rock. You see him and hiding in shadows, lurking, under the bed or in the closet perhaps. It is this behavior that suggests to me that you have some kind of unhealthy obsession.

You joined TV in 2006. Sriracha John was banned last year. He continues to get banned under his assorted aliases. hel_l, he even admitted to being Sriracha John under one of them after another poster belittled the quality of Sriracha John's news postings!

way2muchcoffee, don't worry about me. I'm one of the less frequent regular posters on TV. I'm not obsessive or fixated, I just notice things when I bother to login and read :) .

Me? Plot revenge? No way, says Thaksin

Fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra has denied he is plotting revenge against rivals in his homeland, but says he "won't kiss up to anyone".

The former PM also warned that if both sides do not take a step back, both will lose, according to Matichon, which ran an interview after he rang the paper on Friday and talked about reconciliation and Pheu Thai Party.

"Don't worry that I think about taking revenge. In my heart, I believe reconciliation is a great agenda. I do not think about taking revenge. I do not have any resentment against anyone. But I will not kiss up to anyone,'' he said.

Asked if he wants reconciliation, why he hasn't stopped a political movement that seems to put the country in jeopardy, Thaksin asked why had "harassment against him" not stopped.

Thaksin rejected criticism that Pheu Thai Party was on the way down with MPs defecting to other parties. "Let's wait and see when the general election is held. The party expelled the two rotten MPs, does this show the party is on the downward spiral?"

He also denied going into shock during a blood transfusion. "When people do not like each other, they can say anything but I forgive them," he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-09-12

"Let's wait and see when the general election is held. The party expelled the two rotten MPs, does this show the party is on the downward spiral?"

It's a good thing the PTP decided not to expel all six "rotten MP's"

Pheu Thai to retaliate against its six rebellious MPs

The Pheu Thai Party has decided not to endorse re-election bids of its six MPs in retaliation for their voting with the coalition to support the Budget Bill, party spokesman Prompong Nopparit said on Thursday.

because that would have made

Thaksin rejected criticism that Pheu Thai Party was on the way down with MPs

sound even more ridiculous.

Edited by Buchholz

You joined TV in 2006. Sriracha John was banned last year. He continues to get banned under his assorted aliases. hel_l, he even admitted to being Sriracha John under one of them after another poster belittled the quality of Sriracha John's news postings!

way2muchcoffee, don't worry about me. I'm one of the less frequent regular posters on TV. I'm not obsessive or fixated, I just notice things when I bother to login and read :) .

I quick look back at your posting history shows you can't help yourself from making some sort of comment about SRJ or Plus, or bringing into question the true identity of people currently posting, every half dozen posts or so. Why does it bother you so?

I read and when inclined, reply to the content of what people post. As far as who the person is i am replying to, i don't see much point in giving it much thought. I'm fully aware that at any given time, there will inevitably be a number of members who are returning from a ban / bans, but what business is that of mine? I'm not a mod. That stuff is for them to worry about. Why not leave it to them? I guess if you really feel strongly about it and need an outlet for your angst, you could PM a mod with your information. Just a suggestion. ;)

I don't know why I'm bothering to reply to your post. You only joined TV to post pro Demo propaganda, running up one thousand posts in the first month of your membership, every single one of them about politics. but, what the hel_l, I will anyway. I, personally, don't want to see Thaksin back anywhere near Thailand any more than I want to see the current bunch of mafia families in charge and making an international fool out of such a bright and decent guy as Abhisit. And Thaksin is a corrupt, new-school gangster who understood that it's better to bring the lower classes up a little bit, rather than keep them down. The current bunch of thugs in charge didn't learn anything with their first attempt to get their snouts back at the trough (the 2006 coup). Eventually, it dawned on them that they needed to make similar and even slightly improved concessions to the ones Thaksin made. This is all good. Meanwhile, corruption is running more rampant than ever.

And, just for the TV record, my ideal govt is one which is actually chosen by and genuinely led by Abhisit (far and away the most decent leading politician around), rather than the current sham which has turned Abhisit into international laughing stock.

I don't post pro-Democrat propaganda. I just post against the pro-red propaganda, which there is a lot of, hence the high number of posts.

On the other stuff, I agree. There are a lot of things wrong with Thailand, but following the red shirts is not going to fix them.

I quick look back at your posting history shows you can't help yourself from making some sort of comment about SRJ or Plus, or bringing into question the true identity of people currently posting, every half dozen posts or so. Why does it bother you so?

I read and when inclined, reply to the content of what people post. As far as who the person is i am replying to, i don't see much point in giving it much thought. I'm fully aware that at any given time, there will inevitably be a number of members who are returning from a ban / bans, but what business is that of mine? I'm not a mod. That stuff is for them to worry about. Why not leave it to them? I guess if you really feel strongly about it and need an outlet for your angst, you could PM a mod with your information. Just a suggestion. ;)

Oh dear! There you go again:

Come back Thaksin, we await your return, then things may start to prosper again in Thailand. :)

Prosper for him without a doubt.

He needs to get his $2billion back some how.:) And if memory serves me correctly, he helped a lot of poor rural people that deserved it the most. and not to forget the Police and Taxi drivers etc.

Yeah, that's the problem. Memory doesn't serve you correctly. The poor were more poor after Thaksin than before him.

Oh dear! There you go again:

http://www.thaivisa....69#entry3838569

Yep well i think we are all allowed the odd aberration. One or two in 5000 is a tiny infinitesimal percentage and does not, i believe, constitute either obsessive or paranoid behaviour. Your posting history does.

Nah, not an aberration. Just you getting caught telling porkies again. But it's no big deal, and you clearly can't help yourself, so just relax and move on to the next one ;) .

Yep well i think we are all allowed the odd aberration. One or two in 5000 is a tiny infinitesimal percentage and does not, i believe, constitute either obsessive or paranoid behaviour. Your posting history does.

Nah, not an aberration. Just you getting caught telling porkies again. But it's no big deal, and you clearly can't help yourself, so just relax and move on to the next one ;) .

I must have missed the part where i stated unequivocally that i had never, in 5000 odd posts, ever questioned a poster's identity.