Fun (Crazy) Guy'S Night Out In Bkk!

Gideon

Dear Thai Visa forum members,

My two friends and I know each other for a long time. Since all 3 of us work in SE Asie (2 Thai and 1 Malaysia) we thought it would be nice to have a "guys" weekend out in BKK. The ladies stay at home and we are planning on having a crazy weekend.

The plan of the "beer" weekend is.

- afternoon drinking somewhere were you can sit relaxed and have a good conversation.

- BBQ

- Pub

- club or maybe stripclub soi cowboy?

SInce we all are new to Bangkok, some advise where to go would be mostly welcome.

So please..... Who on this forum can plan the best and wildest "guys out" weekend for us!

The weekend starts on a friday afternoon and finishes on sunday later afternoon.

Cheers and thanks guys! :jap:

Ps... we are not planning on taking hookers back home or going to those fish tank places.

So; to summarise the Thai Visa Big Weekend Plans

Kick-off at lunchtime in Carrefour food court

Camp up in Sukhumvit Soi 4 (presumably the camping bars at the back of Nana)

Make sure you have enough money for a train ticket to Chiang Mai.

What could possibly go wrong?

SC

SC

A special mystery guest appearance would make things go awry for sure.....any volunteers...? :rolleyes:

SC

A special mystery guest appearance would make things go awry for sure.....any volunteers...? :rolleyes:

I suppose we'd need to be slightly more specific in our plans; although I for one am up for a star appearance at my local carrefour, but I worry the others might not show. And Sukhumvit is not convenient for me, even with it being Eid Al Fitr.

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

SC

I suppose we'd need to be slightly more specific in our plans; although I for one am up for a star appearance at my local carrefour, but I worry the others might not show. And Sukhumvit is not convenient for me, even with it being Eid Al Fitr.

SC

Maybe he will let us know which weekend.

This thread got me thinking about the poor lad we carried out a 'Kiwi Kidnapping' in London a while back. There he was sitting on his own having waved off his mate and only friend in London and had the misfortune to be sitting next to us inocuously drinking his pint of shandy.

Held up pretty good for the three days and nights until we dropped him off at his hostel to catch the flight home.....but only after a few early morning pints of cider at Borough Market as a last send off.....I wonder if he made the flight or maybe he's still off his head somewhere in Hackney.....!

SC

SC

Maybe he will let us know which weekend.

On another thread he let slip that it was three weeks' hence.

I got distracted checking the rugby fixture lists before I could comment.

I got thinking to a fantasy pub crawl without respect to geographical proximity, but that should be another thread, I think...

SC

On another thread he let slip that it was three weeks' hence.

I got distracted checking the rugby fixture lists before I could comment.

I got thinking to a fantasy pub crawl without respect to geographical proximity, but that should be another thread, I think...

SC

Both proposals have their merits....I really like the sound of the pub crawl thread though....

Three weeks time is a possible....:whistling:

Wicked!

I´ve got fans wanting to join our crazy weekend.

Streetcowboy tell Carrefour to order them extra beer jugs!

140 baht beer jugs it will be.:partytime2:

OK. YOu'll need to organise your own dancing girls. I'll ask Stefan if he can bring along a couple of poles for the dancing...

(the old ones are the best) - on which topic there's a polish girl works at the food court on Soi 7, but she's too young to drink.

Which reminds me - I need a shoe shine as well as a haircut...

SC

• 3 weeks later...

So how's it going, then? I'm sorry I've not been able to make it.

Or is it next weekend? I'll have been paid by then...

SC

But I thought it was tonight. And I flew up from Samui especially. Oh well another time.....!

Will spend my evening in the Crossbar then..... .....B)

Edited by smokie36

SC

But I thought it was tonight. And I flew up from Samui especially. Oh well another time.....!

You thought it was tonight my tonight (26 Sep. or tonight tonight (28 Sep)?

Anyway, even if it is next week, they should be checking the course tonight, and getting a few practice laps in..."lapping it up" so to speak.

I don't suppose, on your way past, assuming that's the way that you walk (oo err), you could pop into the dreary pubs between the Old Dutch and the chippie and check - I am sure one of either the Ship or the Offshore or another pub in that little row (rank is probably a more apt term) does Newcastle Brown on draught...

There's another place on River Valley Road in Singapore that also used to have it...

SC

SC

Anyway, even if it is next week, they should be checking the course tonight, and getting a few practice laps in..."lapping it up" so to speak.

I don't suppose, on your way past, assuming that's the way that you walk (oo err), you could pop into the dreary pubs between the Old Dutch and the chippie and check - I am sure one of either the Ship or the Offshore or another pub in that little row (rank is probably a more apt term) does Newcastle Brown on draught...

There's another place on River Valley Road in Singapore that also used to have it...

SC

I'm lost on this pub crawl however I did have a beer in each of the three pubs you mentioned this afternoon. I guess for completeness sake I should have another run through them shortly especially the rather dingy Offshore which looks like the sort of place which might do under the counter 25 yo malt. I'll check in Fannies as well which I popped into last night and sadly I can confirm no dogs in any of the bars mentioned.

SC

SC

I'm lost on this pub crawl however I did have a beer in each of the three pubs you mentioned this afternoon. I guess for completeness sake I should have another run through them shortly especially the rather dingy Offshore which looks like the sort of place which might do under the counter 25 yo malt. I'll check in Fannies as well which I popped into last night and sadly I can confirm no dogs in any of the bars mentioned.

I'm pleased there was no dogs in Fannies - in that case I might go there myself next time I'm passing. Normally that sort of bar has a dog for the blind in case anyone goes in thus drunk - for that Christmas morning surprise!

Are the lads still on for the weekend?

Have we found any attractions yet to surpass Carrefour food court?

SC

So how was it for you?

I was disappointed by the poor turn-out, but then I didn't make it as far as Carrefour, so I had no-one to blame but myself...

Or did I get the dates wrong? SHould I get myself down there this weekend?

SC

So how was it for you?

I was disappointed by the poor turn-out, but then I didn't make it as far as Carrefour, so I had no-one to blame but myself...

SC

I can make this weekend. How much for a bottle of samsung at Carrefour? sadly we only have Tesco here on Samui.

So how was it for you?

SC

I can make this weekend. How much for a bottle of samsung at Carrefour? sadly we only have Tesco here on Samui.

I've never been one for spirits, even high spirits...

I've nothing planned for the weekend yet, though I have been thinking about field sports; I might try trout-tickling... or a bit of fly fishing if there's no-one watching...

SC

• 2 weeks later...

Well, sadly, it looks like we're not going to get a Field Report on this one...

We're left with nothing but our own speculation - and we're not even certain of the dates!

Unless it was Sunday evening last week, I'm fairly sure I wasn't there...

All I can guess is that they stayed in Carrefour longer than planned, had a few too many cheap jugs, prevailed on the beer-tender for a lock-in, and went off in a cold storage lorry to chiang mai in the small hours of the morning, and their fingers are still too cold to type...

Does anyone else have any more credible (SarCasm) or imaginative speculations?

SC

typo corrected

Edited by StreetCowboy

I'd just like to ask ...on behalf of all Samui residents.....most of whom can't ever leave (by lawr whatever) if the beer is cheaper in Carrefour than 7/11......also is the seating aircon?

The answer to this could revolutionise life here......a Carrefour on every beach......rip down all the bars.......Lanzarote maybe ?

Or Lloret de Mar

I can't decide. Anyway very rude of the OP not to give us a few pics.....unless he's struggling to make bail in which case good effort fellas!

I'd just like to ask ...on behalf of all Samui residents.....most of whom can't ever leave (by lawr whatever) if the beer is cheaper in Carrefour than 7/11......also is the seating aircon?

The answer to this could revolutionise life here......a Carrefour on every beach......rip down all the bars.......Lanzarote maybe ?

Or Lloret de Mar

I can't decide. Anyway very rude of the OP not to give us a few pics.....unless he's struggling to make bail in which case good effort fellas!

He could at least send us a copy of the mug shots, and the "court and social" page of the newspaper in which the case was reported. I've been scouring recent issues of the Press and Journal, and I'm pleased to say they don't seem to have wound up there...

SC

Looks like its all gone horribly wrong; no sign of our gideon since the night in question. We can only speculate on what might have happened. Since I'm sure that the chaps at the embassy would have contacted us had it been anything mundane, I doubt we can assume that he is safely in police custody....

So where is our Gideon? Perhaps working off gambling debts in the Camping bars in Nana Plaza?

or trying tio make his way back from Chiang Mai with no bus fare?

Any more extravegant speculation welcomed....

SC