3D Cinema In Phuket

male

the latest film to be shown in 3D in central is piranha, which is a very good film and a right laugh. its not a 3D cinema as such but they always seem to show the 3D films in the same theatre .

its only been going though for months, sadly they brought 3D to our screens after avatar finished its run here, which only happens to be the very best 3D film of all time..doh'......and the prices go up as well for films showing 3D

Because Avatar 3D was still having sold out shows when it was moved out to make way for Aice in Wonderland, it is being re-released in the states. Lets hope they do that here. If they do, anyone not having seen it in 3D, I highly recommend you do. It's an assault on your senses. Great stuff.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Both SFX cinemas (Central & Jungceylon) show 3D movies (with the glasses etc)

Jungceylon has just opened a 4D cinema where the seats move too.

The only 4D cinema I have been to was at the aquarium in Siam Paragon. Pretty spectacular as not only the seats moved but water spraying & pseudo electric shocks. I notice yesterday Resident Evil : Afterlife is now showing at Central Festival which should be pretty good in 3D considering the same technology from James Cameron (Avatar) was used to film it.

Edited by Valentine

Both SFX cinemas (Central & Jungceylon) show 3D movies (with the glasses etc)

Jungceylon has just opened a 4D cinema where the seats move too.

The only 4D cinema I have been to was at the aquarium in Siam Paragon. Pretty spectacular as not only the seats moved but water spraying & pseudo electric shocks. I notice yesterday Resident Evil : Afterlife is now showing at Central Festival which should be pretty good in 3D considering the same technology from James Cameron (Avatar) was used to film it.

i think this 4D the previous poster has mentioned is one of these mini theatre's that shows 10 minutes films, and not mainstream movies on the big screen at central festival or jungceylon. having said that it would be a great way to watch some films in the future. i remember way back when they introduced sensor suround sound to the film 'earthquake'....imagine the fun they could develop for the public these days.

i think this 4D the previous poster has mentioned is one of these mini theatre's that shows 10 minutes films, and not mainstream movies on the big screen at central festival or jungceylon. having said that it would be a great way to watch some films in the future. i remember way back when they introduced sensor suround sound to the film 'earthquake'....imagine the fun they could develop for the public these days.

Yes, you are right it is a mini theatre with short shows although there could well be a 4D theatre upstairs in the cinema complex. I too remember "Earthquake" & having been through a few real tremors the effects in the movie theatre were quite dramatic. The term "sensory overload" comes to mind when thinking about a full length feature film in 4D but I would still love to see them. Pity they do not have 4D at Central which is my preferred location for movies as normally I try & avoid Patong these days.