Moving To Bangkok With Family

scoddy

Hi,

I will be moving to Bangkok in November to start a new job, and so am looking at areas to live at the moment. I will be moving with my wife and 2 year old daughter, so am looking at somewhere quiet, but still with a few bars, restaurants etc. Also not near any red light district type areas (if that's possible!).

My office will be near Asok BTS/Sukhumvit Metro stops. I am looking at a budget of 40,000 THB maximum for a 2 bed condo/apartment.

If anyone could recommend any areas to live, it would be much appreciated. I have been to the area near my office before, and didn't like it that much to be honest. so hopefully there's some better places around. From reading the internet, Ari (Aree?) area seems to be a good bet?

Lastly, if anyone could recommend some decent estate agents that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Hi Scoddy

If i were you i would look around Thonglor or nearby you can get something in your price range for sure and it would be okay for your family and only a short journey to many bars and eating places plus very easy for your work location.

Many nice and quiet places i am sure some of the guys here will point you in the right direction.

For me anywhere past Suk 33/1 upwards and you will be fine. Good luck in your search and this is only my opinion.:thumbsup:

Agree with Bangkokboro, and you may also want to consider looking north along Ratchadapisek and Lat Phrao, easy to use the MRT to get back down to Asoke. Shopping malls, etc at Thailand Cultural Center and Phahanyothin stations, and a lot of condo units along those roads, possibly even some houses in that price range if you get away from the main roads.

Edited by beechguy

Thanks very much for both your replies - that narrows the search down a bit. Glad to know it doesn't sound too difficult to find the sort of place we're after. Now it's just a matter of finding these flats when I get out there...