Samui Immigration

He went to a lawyer afterwards who asked for 20K to handle it next time. Then, he went to a visa fixer who wanted 30K to process it. When he went back to ask for a refund, he advised them that he was an ex-federal court judge, and would like to see where the visa fees were printed. They handed him a piece of paper written in Thai, but they wouldn't let him have it or take a copy of it. It was probably a tally of how much baht they had taken off of stupid farangs. Ask any Thai what they would do if they went into a government office to pay for a license for 1900B and they were charged 5,10, or 30k. The answer is that they would get thirty Thais and burn the place down. They are very aware that farangs will do nothing, so why shouldn't they continue their criminal enterprise???

The Immigration Bureau in Bangkok, www.immigration.go.th has a window where you can post comments to their website. Yesterday I sent them details of our rip off and also the fact that fees are not posted at their Samui office and commented the bad image and shame the Samui branch is bringing to their most important office. If you have a grievance, please do the same and then we may see some changes down here ! :(

Edited by crusty

--snip

When he went back to ask for a refund, he advised them that he was an ex-federal court judge, and would like to see where the visa fees were printed.

--snip

The fee is on the form you fill in for the extension.

Second page "Application fee is 1900 Baht"

Form TM.7

According to several posts on this thread, some are being asked to pay B5000. You mean some can't read ?

He went to a lawyer afterwards who asked for 20K to handle it next time. Then, he went to a visa fixer who wanted 30K to process it. When he went back to ask for a refund, he advised them that he was an ex-federal court judge, and would like to see where the visa fees were printed. They handed him a piece of paper written in Thai, but they wouldn't let him have it or take a copy of it. It was probably a tally of how much baht they had taken off of stupid farangs. Ask any Thai what they would do if they went into a government office to pay for a license for 1900B and they were charged 5,10, or 30k. The answer is that they would get thirty Thais and burn the place down. They are very aware that farangs will do nothing, so why shouldn't they continue their criminal enterprise???

The Immigration Bureau in Bangkok, www.immigration.go.th has a window where you can post comments to their website. Yesterday I sent them details of our rip off and also the fact that fees are not posted at their Samui office and commented the bad image and shame the Samui branch is bringing to their most important office. If you have a grievance, please do the same and then we may see some changes down here ! :(

Thanks for the info Crusty. I have just sent them a letter re their Samui office and complained about the charges for Visa's.

The site said they would respond, so lets see how long it takes, if at all?

[Thanks for the info Crusty. I have just sent them a letter re their Samui office and complained about the charges for Visa's.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep sending them. I and my associates have sent letters to agencies in the US Embassy (State and Justice), the British Embassy, Bangkok Immigration, Bangkok Post, Channel 3 Thai, NY Times, Guardian, Times UK, Reuters, etc. This is the only thing I can think of doing. If anyone has a better solution please post it.

there is only one way to get everybody done. that is the get a copy of all the receipts in the immergration. then see if there is un accounted money. then investigate all the immergrations assets. Then make the police show receipts for things such as cars and land and houses. though most of them will have boght gold which is easy to hide. so the investigation would be timely and impossible.

all you can do is look after your self. TIT. you live you learn.People can either learn from there own listakes or from other peoples.

Thats the way it is out here i just have exepted it.

there is only one way to get everybody done. that is the get a copy of all the receipts in the immergration. then see if there is un accounted money. then investigate all the immergrations assets. Then make the police show receipts for things such as cars and land and houses. though most of them will have boght gold which is easy to hide. so the investigation would be timely and impossible.

all you can do is look after your self. TIT. you live you learn.People can either learn from there own listakes or from other peoples.

Good for you, but it is definately NOT the same everywhere, we just happen to have the worst immigration staff in the kingdom ! Anyway they couldn't refuse our cheque seeing it was a company expense, so that will be my receipt as we can trace who cashed it !

bunch of corrupt so and so's. even consul told i would get ripped off and i did. even after 9 years of knowing them still 5k for what should be a 1900 charge, and of course no receipt. now go to pattaya immigration and there is a big price list on the wall, just like there used to be and should be in Samui.

frustrating when even our goverment know they are bent and nothing happens. one day i hope to hear about Mr N** ending behind bars where he belongs.

:angry: Using the Thai credo " Help those that can help you ", we always received fast track service from Mr.N** and his crew as we have been providing free bungalows to them and their families when on weekend holidays, but then they milked it for all they could, even sending " friends " of family and then " friends of friends " from Bangkok. So we were very surprised when, without warning, five Samui Immigration officials showed up last week and threatened to arrest us or pay a B10,000 fine, for failing to send them a list of tourist check ins for the past week. In the past they would send someone to pick up the lists on a weekly basis, then it changed and could be done by fax and now by email. When sent by fax, they whinged and whined about the difficulty of copying blah blah which surprised us as they have a fully staffed office, so we agreed to send the lists by email. We logged onto their website and filled in all the blanks and aftter a week, we are still awaiting our password. This is a scam, since knowing you haven't been issued a password, they then pounce to extort a B10,000 fine. What is ridiculous is that like the house I rent, the property owner dosn't file a list of his occupants and isn't paying the taxes we are. One of their minions even whined about not receiving anything under the table from us from the Samui Regatta when we were full and we explained it has nothing to do with us and all we do is provide accommodation and the Regatta is owned and operates from Bangkok. These parasites fail to see the big picture and couldn't care less about making Samui a friendly and successful holiday destination, they just make doing business here, ever more difficult ! Just can't wait to get into office and let Poorsucker ( Home Affairs) go through this office with a big broom !

I can draw only three possible conclusions from your statement:

1. You work for Samui Immigration

2. You paid 10K for your extension thinking that was the correct fee -- you get a smile and a wai for that

3. You just filed the ninety day report, which they never hassle you on, and is free-of-charge

I would rather have a root canal and colonoscopy simultaneously than visit them!

:angry: The latest twist in the Hotels guests report lists for which we were fined B10,000 last week, I find now, that the Immigration website has been down for three weeks and all the hotels can do is keep their logsheets until it comes on air again. If this is the case, what are my chances of getting a refund ? Today still unable to log in ! :(

Regarding reporting your hotel guests list (Name of Aliens in Residence), the same happened to me about 18 months ago.

10,000 baht fine (cash only), and given the details of an online site to register with, (3,000 baht for 12 months to use this service). No problems for 12 months and payed up front for next 12 months and 1 month later the site goes down, (it was a private site they were using,no www.--------.go.th as used for official purposes.

Went into Samui Immigration and asked what was going on, and was told "that site not work properly so we close".

I was then given this web address http://www.immigrati...ov2004/base.php to go to a Govt website to register.

Before you change the Language into English, scroll down and click the box above the Google Search box on the left hand side down at the bottom of the page.

Unless you can read Thai you are going to have to get some to help with the next steps, but once you register it get's easier. I got my log- in info the same day and now only need a bit of Thai help to read the different Points of entry.

I hope this helps you.

Gus

Thanks for the info Crusty. I have just sent them a letter re their Samui office and complained about the charges for Visa's.

:angry: Thanks Gus we will try. But to illustrate the ineptness and double standards of our immigration, just walk down either Chaeng or Lamai beaches at 5pm and you will find two foreign monks in brown robes who cannot speak Thai and are soliciting cash donations from tourists. Phonies with no work permits allowed to operate. Why ?

Had one of the fake monks approach me as I sat at a roadside table at SalaThai in Lamai late last night.

I don't know if he was foreign or not (but looked Thai), so I told him in my bad Thai, that I didn't believe that he was a real monk, and that he was full of bullshit.

The Thai staff that were standing by our table all agreed with me, so it's maybe the normal Thai Police turning a blind as well.

I just happened to be walking passed Krabi Immigration today, so thought I should pop in and see what if any thing, they have posted....

There right at the front door, fees posted...

Below is a picture: sorry it was hard to get good picture because of the glass, & trying not to get my ugle mug in the reflection:) !!!

It was very quiet, & there was two immigration officers sitting at a sala, eating.... so I dared to go ask what their policy was...

(re - retirement visa renewal)... He said as posted, 3800 baht if multiple entry .... 1900 if not leaving country.... Which is the method I have always used in Samui.... & never yet had a problem .....(fingers crossed for the future).

I then explained that some people on Samui have "big" problems with over charging, he replied, yes we've heard....

He then said you should come to Krabi, to do, on him saying that his assistant said "Mae Mee" (cannot) because different province... I knew right away, that would be her explanation.

Anyway they were very friendly & quite chatty.... not the bee hive of activity one usually sees on Samui.

Perhaps should make photo & paste in front of the Samui Office or send with no return address... & see if anything changes....:o

Or perhaps a job for one of the foreign consulates to take up so no one gets black listed?

There certainly is a 1200 baht (or more, I guess in some cases) "hidden fee" But I always got away with the 1900 baht fee, after saying "I am not leaving the country"..... the curly haired girl explained that to me the first time I renewed.

I don't understand why they would charge 1900 baht if you want to get a single re-entry fee by making a second application before leaving ...and thereby paying only 3800 baht (with two trips, to the Samui office):blink:

I supposed some would say, TIS... this is Samui!

post-85461-070648700 1284650214_thumb.jp

I just happened to be walking passed Krabi Immigration today, so thought I should pop in and see what if any thing, they have posted....

There right at the front door, fees posted...

Below is a picture: sorry it was hard to get good picture because of the glass, & trying not to get my ugle mug in the reflection:) !!!

It was very quiet, & there was two immigration officers sitting at a sala, eating.... so I dared to go ask what their policy was...

(re - retirement visa renewal)... He said as posted, 3800 baht if multiple entry .... 1900 if not leaving country.... Which is the method I have always used in Samui.... & never yet had a problem .....(fingers crossed for the future).

I then explained that some people on Samui have "big" problems with over charging, he replied, yes we've heard....

He then said you should come to Krabi, to do, on him saying that his assistant said "Mae Mee" (cannot) because different province... I knew right away, that would be her explanation.

Anyway they were very friendly & quite chatty.... not the bee hive of activity one usually sees on Samui.

Perhaps should make photo & paste in front of the Samui Office or send with no return address... & see if anything changes....:o

Or perhaps a job for one of the foreign consulates to take up so no one gets black listed?

There certainly is a 1200 baht (or more, I guess in some cases) "hidden fee" But I always got away with the 1900 baht fee, after saying "I am not leaving the country"..... the curly haired girl explained that to me the first time I renewed.

I don't understand why they would charge 1900 baht if you want to get a single re-entry fee by making a second application before leaving ...and thereby paying only 3800 baht (with two trips, to the Samui office):blink:

I supposed some would say, TIS... this is Samui!

The picture is good enough to take a fairly OK printing copy. To day I printed some copies and if anybody like to have one, I can bring it to the party in Springer Pub tomorrow.

I hope it does some good ....

I do have the Thai version of it too....when I get it down -loaded, on to my main computer it might be useful too.... if anyone want's that version too, just PM me.:jap:

English and Thai.

Edited by PoorSucker

There is a bulletin board outside of SI, so it would be helpful if someone posted this notice on it. I'm sure it will be removed, but if it gets replenished maybe we can at least slow down this extortion racket. Why not make it more difficult for them to swindle us?

Edited by parallaxtech

Good for you, but it is definately NOT the same everywhere, we just happen to have the worst immigration staff in the kingdom ! Anyway they couldn't refuse our cheque seeing it was a company expense, so that will be my receipt as we can trace who cashed it !

can u pay for your visa with a visa card. i don't think so or there would be a record of transaction ! i take photos of all my receipts.