Cat Cdma And Skype

zacatecas

Been using it for a while no problem. If you are far from the nearest transmitter make sure you can get a connection still with an antenna on your house. Beware they will probably connect it up all wrong with wrong cable and connections! There are a few posts on here that will help you find the correct connections and cables.

If you have an external antenna go on google earth and work out the bearing to set up your antenna to get the best signal.

Been using it for a while no problem. If you are far from the nearest transmitter make sure you can get a connection still with an antenna on your house. Beware they will probably connect it up all wrong with wrong cable and connections! There are a few posts on here that will help you find the correct connections and cables.

If you have an external antenna go on google earth and work out the bearing to set up your antenna to get the best signal.

Thank you for the info. I bought it at CAT in Chumphon, after trying one at our house, luckily we can get the signal and it works very well. Cost 5,500 and 700 a month, well worth it to use skype and have a faster internet connection. There is broadband in Lang Suan, but not on our road.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the info. I bought it at CAT in Chumphon, after trying one at our house, luckily we can get the signal and it works very well. Cost 5,500 and 700 a month, well worth it to use skype and have a faster internet connection. There is broadband in Lang Suan, but not on our road.

So there is a CAT CDMA internet shop. I want to confirm this is also for the wireless CDMA usb stick as well as the wired in-house connections. Is the store in chumphon town? So i guess I can confirm that there is cat internet throughout Chumphon? and if the signal is weak, it's just a matter of buying an antenna?

My girlfriend said she wanted to go see her friend in Lang Suan and there were places to stay there. So it's good to know that I could take my usb stick there.

Edited by 4evermaat