Possible For A Swedish Girl To Work As A Haridresser In Thailand?

Seems like a lot of hastle to be a hairdresser in LOS. Also doesn't matter what us farangs do here, we are only allowed to make so much money via the "Thai law of the people"

What this means is that if Thai's see us making to much money in the LOS you could be in Physical trouble.

absolute cr@p

Good luck but as already clearly stated, Hair Dressing and Taxi Driving is a no-no in this country for farang under the written rules! Go figure. blink.gif

Ok, so your point is that I should not care at all about those persons who says that expats already are working as a hairdresser and that I should not even try to find out how they can work openly in BKK and Samui? Cause everything are "already clearly stated" as you say? How can everything been "clearly stated" when posts in this thread says that expats already ARE working as a hairdresser?

I am not saying that there is a way to fix it , but surely it is worth looking up huh?

Edited by IIIII

Good luck but as already clearly stated, Hair Dressing and Taxi Driving is a no-no in this country for farang under the written rules! Go figure. blink.gif

Ok, so your point is that I should not care at all about those persons who says that expats already are working as a hairdresser and that I should not even try to find out how they can work openly in BKK and Samui? Cause everything are "already clearly stated" as you say? How can everything been "clearly stated" when posts in this thread says that expats already ARE working as a hairdresser?

I am not saying that there is a way to fix it , but surely it is worth looking up huh?

She is your GF so, if you have the time, you have the money, you get the correct attorney, you apply in the correct area who knows what you may come up with. She just may luck out and all it is going to cost is money. Wish you the best on this treasure hunt.:jap:

She is your GF so, if you have the time, you have the money, you get the correct attorney, you apply in the correct area who knows what you may come up with. She just may luck out and all it is going to cost is money. Wish you the best on this treasure hunt.:jap:

Thanks for you good luck wishes! Yea, the odds are against me, but I sure will do some more reasurch before I put the idea to a rest.

Edited by IIIII

I would suggest that you chose an area that has a large steady supply of western expats and contact more than one attorney for advice. Be Careful on this as not to get taken.

Yea, the hole idea is to have only expat customers in BKK or Pattaya, she already have several customers asking for her in Pattaya but I guess BKK would be an even better market. But first offcourse I have to find out if there is any way to fix this. Hopefully the sponsor of this forum will answer my message soon.

If I remember correctly the Krabi area (and probably a few others) has been colonized by Swedes... there is even a Swedish school and I met Swedes doing all kinds of jobs. So I'm sure there would be a market for it.

Don't know about legal / illegal but I'm sure a good lawyer would find a way around it... they could just call her "consultant" instead of hairdresser...

Absolute bullshit.

If I remember correctly the Krabi area (and probably a few others) has been colonized by Swedes... there is even a Swedish school and I met Swedes doing all kinds of jobs. So I'm sure there would be a market for it.

Don't know about legal / illegal but I'm sure a good lawyer would find a way around it... they could just call her "consultant" instead of hairdresser...

Absolute bullshit.

no its not.

Being a lawyer is a restricted proffession here, but many foreign lawyers work here, technically as consultants, managers etc.

It is a bit the same in other professions. If you are a manager of a salon, with your work permit stating your repsonsibilities to include doing certain things that involve working with hair, then there should be a way.

lllll.

Can she dance? there are plenty of European women WORKING in front of every ones eyes in the glass box above Moulin Rouge Walking Street Pattaya, they also have lots of lovely European lady'shanding out promo material. Maybe she can multi task a bit. BW.:rolleyes:

Most are illegal and get busted all the time.

Absolute bullshit.

no its not.

Being a lawyer is a restricted proffession here, but many foreign lawyers work here, technically as consultants, managers etc.

It is a bit the same in other professions. If you are a manager of a salon, with your work permit stating your repsonsibilities to include doing certain things that involve working with hair, then there should be a way.

Quite right one lawyer company even has a manager who murdered his own mother in his own country, so if he can get away with it surely anyone can.

Edited by davelec

• 2 weeks later...

To be legal for ur gf is not a problem. Well maybe now, but u get my point.

Do a lot of research,and you will find the right way to do it.

Some people should not voice their opinion, loads of bull here from ppl thinking they now the law....

Im not a lawyer or anything close but in this matter im speaking out of experience.

To be legal for ur gf is not a problem. Well maybe now, but u get my point.

Do a lot of research,and you will find the right way to do it.

Some people should not voice their opinion, loads of bull here from ppl thinking they now the law....

Im not a lawyer or anything close but in this matter im speaking out of experience.

Sounds interesting, I would appreciate alot of you could pm me and help me out a bit.

Thanks!