Check Up

cmjantje

I'd go to both Sriburin and Overbrook and enquire. They may have a special offer , I've seen them before but never had one.

Jubby much as I like Overbrook for their normal in-patient services, I've had a dodgy full medical check with them. example part of the package was hearing & eye testing. Never happened but the Doctor still ticked the box to say it was done. As I said to VF when we were having coffee at Doi Chaang awhile back. Obviously it was case that if I could see the Doctor and hear the doctor speak then my hearing & vision was good :lol: They can eat my shorts after that episode :jap:

Ok, garry. I suspect the ops after a full body scan sort of checkup. Sriburin got a scanner not so long ago. maybe they have offers on a package without the hearing test ;)

Don't get me wrong mate.

I still appreciate the Overbrook, as they havet taken excellent care of my family, through my wife's last pregnancy, her mum having a stroke, her dad having surgery and the recovery and the usual aches & pains of the youngsters. I actually wasn't offended at all, more surprised than anything, but I'll be scrutinising them just that little bit more in the future. :ermm:

Cheers, Garry B) :jap:

Edited by Garry

Why would you have yourself checked out by people who are in the business of making money out of you if they find something wrong anyway? B)

And a checkup is not a good thing, once in a while????

There used to be (possibly still is) a restaurant at Chiang Saen where you could get your blood pressure taken along with a meal. I've got a photo somewhere of a friend having it done.

Diversification in action. B)

For a check-up on a budget may I suggest CBC for 130 THB, Urine exam for 90 THB, and LDL, HDL, Tryglicerides for 430 THB. They say that is a leading indicator of heart disease. The lab prices seem to be fixed by the government, as the two different labs I have used charged identical prices. Just walk into the outpatient services area. They have always been very nice to me, and offered to Email me the results. They had a concert pianist in the lobby at McCormick Hospital.

You can get a free HIV exam and Hep B,C by donating blood at the Red Cross. You will also be showing the Thais, that some foreigners are thoughtful.

For a check-up on a budget may I suggest CBC for 130 THB, Urine exam for 90 THB, and LDL, HDL, Tryglicerides for 430 THB. They say that is a leading indicator of heart disease. The lab prices seem to be fixed by the government, as the two different labs I have used charged identical prices. Just walk into the outpatient services area. They have always been very nice to me, and offered to Email me the results. They had a concert pianist in the lobby at McCormick Hospital.

You can get a free HIV exam and Hep B,C by donating blood at the Red Cross. You will also be showing the Thais, that some foreigners are thoughtful.

Could you tell us where in Chiangrai this McCormick Hospital is????

Could you tell us where in Chiangrai this McCormick Hospital is????

Mc Cormick is in Chiangmai :jap:

Edited by cmjantje

For what it is worth, concerning Overbrook. I just visited with brianmarinus for a while today and he reminded me of Carsten's visit to Overbrook.

When Carsten first fell ill, he went to Overbrook. They admitted him, ran tests and took x-rays. They kept him for three days and then sent him home, in bad shape, saying they could find nothing wrong. A short time later, a friend of Brian's, who works at the CR public hospital as a nurse, stopped by. She heard of Carsten's illness and checked on him. After a few minutes of looking him over and asking questions, she insisted that he go to the hospital. When he got to CR hospital, they immediately did x-rays. The on-duty doc looked at the x-rays and said that Carsten had lung cancer and it was very far progressed. Of course, a few months later, Carsten had left us for another world.

I'm not saying they can't find anything at Overbrook. I'm only saying that they can surely miss some things that a government hospital doc can easily find. It took that doc just a few minutes to diagnose Carsten's illness. So, I'm not sure how much faith I would put in Overbrook's yearly physicals/check-ups. Maybe CM isn't too far to travel for something as important as saving your life if CM has better facilities or docs.

Concerning the above post by Thighlander about the lab work on the blood, there are places here in town that can do the same thing and they are cheap enough for most of the normal tests. Some results are available the same morning and some have to be sent out to be analyzed, so there is a waiting period. More in-depth lab blood tests have higher pricing ranges at these facilities. .

Edited by kandahar