King Power As Employer ?

Hey all,

Does anyone knows or have some experiences (may from Thai-friends or so)

Regarding "working for Kingpower in general"

They seems to have some very interesting and intensive taking care of staff with everything imaginable.

But on the other side there are so much peoples leaving right after working there for 6 months (they have a penalty if leave before)

So somethings seems to be "in the bush".

Or is it just the thai-way of beeing emplpyee ?

King Power is mean to its employees. My friend worked there for a year and left. He worked in the airport shops, anything missing on the shelves, all the staff in that section had to pay for it. Every month he had over 1000Bahts deduced from his salary.

I can understand if one is selling Rolex watches or jewelleries, one has to be responsible. But he was in the souvenir/confectionary section.

Hmm well even if they deduct 1K from Saleries, since almost 50% of the Saleries is based on Commisions split into personal Sale Commision and a Group-incentive.

As long the amount not higher as the group-incentive its not like taking away something.

On the other hand there are a very big bunch of staff services, including, free transportation (not only to work), nice but very cheap housing, serious training programms, pay off education (if can proof it) and so on.

So from my point of view, if i get a condo 3000baht cheaper, free transportation, 3 months full paid training discounts almost everywhere. So fuc_k the 1000 baht they take away, because of 5000savings on the expense side.

So basically i see more good than bad things (as outsider)

But with some reason, they have a extremly high number on circulation.

King Power is mean to its employees. My friend worked there for a year and left. He worked in the airport shops, anything missing on the shelves, all the staff in that section had to pay for it. Every month he had over 1000Bahts deduced from his salary.

I can understand if one is selling Rolex watches or jewelleries, one has to be responsible. But he was in the souvenir/confectionary section.

Same business model as all Thai companies selling consumer stuff, whether it be jeans, meals or duty free.

Hmm well even if they deduct 1K from Saleries, since almost 50% of the Saleries is based on Commisions split into personal Sale Commision and a Group-incentive.

As long the amount not higher as the group-incentive its not like taking away something.

On the other hand there are a very big bunch of staff services, including, free transportation (not only to work), nice but very cheap housing, serious training programms, pay off education (if can proof it) and so on.

So from my point of view, if i get a condo 3000baht cheaper, free transportation, 3 months full paid training discounts almost everywhere. So fuc_k the 1000 baht they take away, because of 5000savings on the expense side.

So basically i see more good than bad things (as outsider)

But with some reason, they have a extremly high number on circulation.

What was failed to mention about the 1000 baht deduction is that it was due to theft and not being able to determine the thief so all in that section got penalized as it's quite certain someone would/should have known as they have strict procedures for shift changes and inventory control due to a constant need to weed out scammers and thieves which is a constant problem. This has become another reason for a large turn over as well as them actually requiring their employees to earn their wages which in many cases goes against the popular thinking in this market so people move on either by choice or due to being dead weight, not surprising really..

Though I don't agree with some of their company policies, from personal experience, I have seen attempts in improvement over the last 7 years and they do have a fair bit of employee benefits relative to this market. Over all I'd rate them a bit higher then the average Thai company and just below the average western company..