Common Phenomena Here ?

Kwasaki

We see fire-fly's often here in Sukhothai but the post reminded me of what I had never seen before.

I hadn't had a drink yet by the way.:rolleyes: and I wondered if anyone else has seen such a thing.

The strangest thing I've seen here in Thailand is three very tiny whirlwinds about 10 metre apart likened to tornadoes with a visible bending line spiralling down from the sky to the ground forming small circles kicking up the dust of the car area.

They moved along the ground sweeping from side to side at quite a rapid pace !!! Fasinating. :huh:

They sound like Dust devils that you get in the desert, Made from hot air blending with cooler air.

Thanks for that !! I'm still learning something , not everyday but now and again.:)

I saw a water spout a couple of years ago down near Samui I think it was

post-113733-013377400 1284390456_thumb.j

I've seen fire flies here in Phuket many times, I saw one at my house last month. I have seen a few water spouts here too... I had a lightning strike so close to my house two nights ago, the thunder was like a bomb going off, it knocked out my internet but not my power.

I saw the same thing on a dirt road in Cambodia. None of the Cambodians paid any attention so it can't be too rare. As I recall they were about 20 feet tall swirling funnels of dust, very interesting to see. I wish I got a picture.