Uk Passport To Hong Kong

bermondburi

There was a thread on here recently about the changes to the British Embassy in BKK and how UK citizens would now have to send passports directly to Hong Kong themselves. I did it last week so I thought this might be of interest to someone.

I went to the embassy last Monday to get the forms. I know you can download them but I had some questions I wanted to ask and I wanted to check that my photose were okay because of all the regulations about them having to be a certain size. Just getting into the embassy now is not easy. I told the Ghurka on the gate why I was there and he gave me the form. When I told him I wanted to speak to someone inside he directed me to a phone round the side and told me a number to ring. Only after insisting that I wanted to speak to someone inside because I wanted to check about the photos whixh I had with me did he finallt let me in to my own embassy. It felt like they really don't want to let you in unless they really have to.

Anyway, spoke to a woman inside about everything and she was quite helpful. I got some forms for my children as well because I want to do their UK passports soon. Interestingly enough she told me if I did them all together I could have sent mine off with the childrens' from the embassy which would have meant just one courier fee.

She gave me a list of all the DHL offices in Thailand so I found one fairly near me and went there on Tuesday. They know all about it and even had a sign on the counter advertising their UK passport service. 962 baht and five minutes later everything is done and my documents are off. Got a text from DHL the next day saying it had been delivered and then I got the new passport back yesterday which worked out as eight days. So all in all not too bad. Don't know if I was lucky or not but there you go.

This has got to be one of the most confusing posts I've ever read here on TV.

Which part, it's legible to me and quite helpful, plus comforting for any Brit who will need to renew their Passport soon and is concerned about the fact that the Embassy in BKK don't do it any longer.

I just got my new passport back from Hong Kong, pretty easy process. I just printed all the forms off the website, printed my photos off on my own printer and mailed it in via EMS with the credit card form. Got it back in about 3 weeks.

I was a bit nervous about filling my credit card details out on a bit of paper then mailing it, but i couldn't be arsed to figure how to get a bankers draft in Hong Kong dollars...

Edited by dave111223

I just got my new passport back from Hong Kong, pretty easy process. I just printed all the forms off the website, printed my photos off on my own printer and mailed it in via EMS with the credit card form. Got it back in about 3 weeks.

I was a bit nervous about filling my credit card details out on a bit of paper then mailing it, but i couldn't be arsed to figure how to get a bankers draft in Hong Kong dollars...

Sorry about being simple!! but is that EMS with Thai post office??,. the nearest DHL office to me is Bangkok or Korat

This has got to be one of the most confusing posts I've ever read here on TV.

A few spelling mistakes I know but what part don't you understand ? maybe I can explain some more.

Spelling mistakes...umm, I'm more concerned with the fact that there's no explanation of what it is you're trying to do. I'm sure you know.

Is this about performing some sort of renewal of a UK passport or is it getting a new one or is it a marriage or is it a visa? And this is about UK citizens resident in, or visiting HK? Or is this for visiting HK and applying for a visa for someone who is resident in Thailand (which doesn't make sense at all).

What is this about?