Coverage Of Pope'S Visit To Uk

opalhort

Can somebody explain why the BBC does not show anything about the Pope's visit to the UK, not even the Queen's speach, whereas CNNI has full live coverage?

Not that I care where the Pope goes, as far as I'm concerned he can take a one-way ticket to the moon, but I find the coverage of BBC vs CNN quite strange.

opalhort

Edited by opalhort

Well I cannot explain why , but its very odd as whatever one's views about the Pope and his visit to the UK, the BBC World TV ought to have shown the arrival of the Pope live and they ignored it, unlike CNN.Maybe someone should address the question directly to the BBC.

Very strange.

Edited by R123

Perhaps pope Benedict might not be of interest to the BBC world viewers? I don't think people will be too distraught in Jakarta or Bangkok. CNN also provides coverage when a trailer park gets blown apart in tornado alley. I don't really care what happens when Thelma Lou's trailer gets tossed.

Perhaps pope Benedict might not be of interest to the BBC world viewers? I don't think people will be too distraught in Jakarta or Bangkok. CNN also provides coverage when a trailer park gets blown apart in tornado alley. I don't really care what happens when Thelma Lou's trailer gets tossed.

Oh...you're telling me that there is a cabel-tv package somewhere in the world that includes BBC but not CNN, putting viewers in a position where they cant see the Pope travelling the streets of London?

OP clearly knows that CNN has full live coverage so whats the problem here, really?

I wonder if the VAT on dill isn't more relevant to discuss....

Edited by Forethat

As far I can see, the biggest question isn't regarding coverage in tv in channel B or channel A, but rather why someone is prepared to complain about it on Thaivisa.com

What comes next, complaints regarding the high tax levels on dill?

I did NOT complain! Was just curious as to why a UK station ignores even a speech of the Queen. Probably it reflects the sentiment about the Pope's visit to the UK.

And no I am not British and couldn't care less about the guy in white.

opalhort

I did NOT complain! Was just curious as to why a UK station ignores even a speech of the Queen. Probably it reflects the sentiment about the Pope's visit to the UK.

And no I am not British and couldn't care less about the guy in white.

opalhort

So do you want to discuss the VAT on dill or not?