Flooding In Bangkok

Chunky1

Just wondering if by any chance anyone here has seen an elevation map of Bangkok anywhere online. Is there a filtration system which pushes rainwater off of Sukhumwit road and into the sois? I notice that sukhumwit road itself does not flood but that many of the sois will be completely underwater by a good meter during a heavy rainfall.

Rent / buy a penthouse condo and you won't have to worry about flooding.

brilliant solution.

And should he wish to leave or enter the condo, would you suggest a helicopter or a personal jetpack?

If he can afford the penthouse he will naturally have his own personal chauffer rowed rubber dinghy.

Sukhumvit does flood I will tell you, many a time I have driven through water that nearly covers my wheels. around sukhumvit 101 under the new skytrain stations can flood really bad.

Edited by onnut

Sukhumvit does flood I will tell you, many a time I have driven through water that nearly covers my wheels. around sukhumvit 101 under the new skytrain stations can flood really bad.

Just go to the Asia Books near Robinson's (opposite Soi 12) there's a reason they have a bund wall across the front of the place. I remember the days of climbing over sandbags to get into shops along lower Sukhumvit.

They've at least sorted part of the problem.