Severe Alcoholism Suspected Cause Of Norwegian Mans Death

Rimmer

Severe Alcoholism Suspected Cause of Norwegian Mans Death

PATTAYA: A Norwegian national and suspected alcoholic has died at his Pattaya residence early on Sunday morning. The man is thought to have been suffering from alcoholism and a related disease having been advised by medical professional on several occasions to refrain from drinking.

Full story HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

-- 2010-09-19

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Why is this news? Why not just have an OBIT section like in the rest of the world?

I agree. With all the foreign retirees in Pattaya, and Thailand generally, it is really not very newsworthy when one of them dies. Maybe T-V should have an obit section where these normal life occurrences could be noted.

Why is this news? Why not just have an OBIT section like in the rest of the world?

I agree. With all the foreign retirees in Pattaya, and Thailand generally, it is really not very newsworthy when one of them dies. Maybe T-V should have an obit section where these normal life occurrences could be noted.

Murder is news. Condo flying is news. Normal deaths, and alcohol is a leading cause of "natural" death is quite normal, are not news. Except in hick towns. Pattaya is bigger than that now. When will our ridiculous press get that? What's next? A live webcam from a barber shop to watch the ear cleanings?

Edited by Jingthing

Simple. Orbits does not sell papers. Stories as such does.

So there isn't enough real news then? Because natural deaths and petty crimes are not newsworthy.

JT, the title of the story wasnt misleading. From there you could choose whether to or not to read the thread.

It seems you are throwing your handbag down again spitting the dummy again. :lol:

• Like 1

I didn't say it was misleading.

The local press is simply COWARDLY. There are plenty of real stories they could be reporting on. For example, the taxi fake mater mafia. I have not read even ONE news story investigating how it is that Pattaya got taxi meters with new working meters, yet they are NOT USED, and how it is that the taxis are owned by the same company that controls the baht buses. Wouldn't that be interesting and relevant to the public here?

Edited by Jingthing

It is news because if it wasn't reported I would not have known that Arne was dead. (Until some later date perhaps?)

He used to go in a bar I visit and we have chatted on a few occasions.

RIP Arne.

For example, the taxi fake mater mafia. I have not read even ONE news story investigating how it is that Pattaya got taxi meters with new working meters, yet they are NOT USED, and how it is that the taxis are owned by the same company that controls the baht buses. Wouldn't that be interesting and relevant to the public here?

And a hundred Baht is so much more important than a person's life. Yes he may have been a sad person in the eyes of the righteouos here in TV but he was still a person and his life worth more than a lousy few dollars.

RIP my friend, I never knew you but that is my loss.

I didn't say it was misleading.

The local press is simply COWARDLY. There are plenty of real stories they could be reporting on. For example, the taxi fake mater mafia. I have not read even ONE news story investigating how it is that Pattaya got taxi meters with new working meters, yet they are NOT USED, and how it is that the taxis are owned by the same company that controls the baht buses. Wouldn't that be interesting and relevant to the public here?

It would be interesting to see what the local mafia's reaction to that reporting is, don't think they would take to kindly to that story.

In the end a sad story, and condolences to friends and family of the deceased.