Embassy Of Saudi Arabia In Bangkok Issues Another Angry Statement

webfact

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My post, in its entirety was as follows:

Thakkar Posted Today, 12:14

Normally, when a corrupt, theocratic, human rights-abusing autocracy demands 'justice', it would be considered rich and laughable. The fact that, in this case, a representative of such a government comes off looking righteous, aggrieved and eminently reasonable, even when using language that is less than diplomatic, says a lot about how damaging this is for Thailand.

Emoticons confuse me, so I don't know what you meant by the selective quoting.

T I theenk he meant for nice joke,,,? you say Saudi corrupt,, etal he funny you meant Thailand --- get it?

:thumbsup::clap2:

UPDATE

Somkid to quit for the sake of Thai-Saudi ties

The senior police officer at the centre of Thai-Saudi sour relations will likely step down today, Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban said on Wednesday.

The Police Commission is likely to convene a special session on Friday to amend the police appointments in face of the pending departure of Lt General Somkid Boonthanom, Suthep said.

Somkid is expected to quit his position of assistant national police chief.

He was recently promoted from the position of Provincial Police Region 5 commissioner, triggering a strong Saudi protest on the ground for his involvement in the disappearance and presume death of Saudi businessman Mohammad Al-Ruwaili.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-09-22

UPDATE

Somkid to quit for the sake of Thai-Saudi ties

This government seems so much more reasonable than the previous ones.

Don't hold your breath he can easily be reinstated or repositioned in another authoritative post after the media flap dies down a bit.

We shall see. In the meantime, he's followed through with it and turned it down:

Somkid Turns down Asst Police Chief Post

Somkid Boonthanom announced during a press conference at Police Regional Bureau 5 that he's decided to turn down the promotion to the assistant police chief post in order to ease the tension between Thailand and Saudi Arabia.

Saudi Arabia has expressed its dissatisfaction regarding Somkid's appointment due to his alleged involvement in the unsolved disappearance of Saudi businessman Mohammed al Ruwaili in Bangkok 20 years ago.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-09-22

footer_n.gif

This will probably solve nothing, the fact remains that he was offered the position and the current government have been trying to justify that decision, it is the individual that has rejected it, the government did not withdraw it, I would imagine the saudis will still feel aggrieved,

As for the individual, I would rather see the outcome of his trial before I give him any kudos

This will probably solve nothing, the fact remains that he was offered the position and the current government have been trying to justify that decision, it is the individual that has rejected it, the government did not withdraw it, I would imagine the saudis will still feel aggrieved,

As for the individual, I would rather see the outcome of his trial before I give him any kudos

For once we agree, although I don't think he deserves kudo's. See my reply

You people just don't get it. The photo of the blue diamond on someone neck is fake, and it is done to make it an obvious fake, as a red herring. In fact, the blue diamond was never seen in public since. However, there are photos in the internet of other jewelry on famous people, especially wife of army generals and police chiefs. Those photos are what the Saudi are screaming about. (Not the big blue diamond photo).

The wife of an ex-PM and ex-military man?

n fact, the blue diamond was never seen in public since.

%%

it's always been a fake diamond, that's why . This saudi man is like a school boy whining about a marble . School master should say " such things happen in a school yard, you didn't have to show it to everybody, I'll tell your parents not to give you things you prove unable to take care of ; now go back to work or find yourself another school ; you're over-extended my patience ".

He's downright tacky, and so was sending three ""envoys "" of dubious diplomatic caliber , obviously thugs.

Edited by souvenirdeparis

I know French is frowned upon on this site , for obscure linguistics discrimination (doesn't all the civilized world speak French ??)

anyway, here's about a Saudi prince views on justice and morals in France ; it isnot a widely publicized matter ; for the ones who missed French 101, he didn't even show ID, insurance nor car papers ; no alcohol or drugs testing ; police let him go at once and he refuses to paying for the lady's hospital . Gentleman, Saudi-style . I cross the streets daily near where those people have their yachts ( we had Saddam's ex yacht in the harbour for a while, was sold to a saudi) so I feel concerned.

http://www.francesoir.fr/justice/face-au-prince-saoudien-elle-reclame-justice.27345