Jomtien/Trappraya 4000/Mo?

SailingHome

Jettabug,

I know of some fan rooms about 100 metres off Soi Ghopai (Pattaya Tai end) for 3000 per month (with cable) plus utilities, if that's close enough. Generally a quiet area. No car parking though space for motorcycles.

PM me for a phone No.

Edited by sandmike

OP, have a Thai friend look for you. The cheap places are only advertised in Thai. You should find plenty in that area for that price. hel_l, you can find that price in Bangkok with air-con.

Like Craig pointed out, many TVers will not know of places in that price range.

Edited by floridaguy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I read this post with interest as I am heading for Pattaya next week and was looking for a studio apartment or similar.

I have found one at 8500 per month online which I was considering taking. It is a high rise studio.

in Jomtien.

#would I get similar much cheaper if I waited until arrival ?

My requirements are simple but do want wireless internet.

Any idea's ?

Thanking you in hope of lots of good info :)

Hi,

I read this post with interest as I am heading for Pattaya next week and was looking for a studio apartment or similar.

I have found one at 8500 per month online which I was considering taking. It is a high rise studio.

in Jomtien.

Any idea's ?

Well, Pattaya is noisy, busy, crowded, etc. If that is what you want, go for it. Jomtien is much less like that and more like Pacific Beach, CA (the best I can describe it, anyway.) Right now, I am paying 8000 for a nice studio AC room with WiFi. Downstairs I have little pool to play and cool off in, a great lounge area, Play Station, and bar, yet this place is quiet since it is on Thrappaya Soi 15. Just 2 minutes walk to a Songtau either direction. Don't get fooled - it's 10 Baht no matter where you go, not 20, unless you try to take a long scenic ride or something. Check out Pattaya Garden Apartments online.

For sure check out the place in person before committing to anything. I almost put a deposit down on a place, but decided to wait until I got here to do so. Glad I did...it was nothing like the pics in the internet. I would have been miserable.

There are many, many places available now. Many are not advertised. Best to cruise around, find an area you like, then walk into the buildings and see what is available. Usually, the front office knows what units are available for rent.

SailingHome is right on. Some really nice places in Jomtien....

For sure check out the place in person before committing to anything. I almost put a deposit down on a place, but decided to wait until I got here to do so. Glad I did...it was nothing like the pics in the internet. I would have been miserable.

There are many, many places available now. Many are not advertised. Best to cruise around, find an area you like, then walk into the buildings and see what is available. Usually, the front office knows what units are available for rent.

SailingHome is right on. Some really nice places in Jomtien....

Cheers, Craig. I think the only thing you and I left out is the luggage factor. Consider booking a cheap room for 1 nite so you can look around. If you haven't hit on what you want yet, keep renewing 1 nite at a time. Oh!, if you plan to stay for 6mo to a year, there are plenty of property finding companies on the net and owner pays for them, not you.

Hi,

in Jomtien.

Any idea's ?

What happened to your 4000 baht per month search?

Well, Pattaya is noisy, busy, crowded, etc. If that is what you want, go for it. Jomtien is much less like that and more like Pacific Beach, CA (the best I can describe it, anyway.) Right now, I am paying 8000 for a nice studio AC room with WiFi. Downstairs I have little pool to play and cool off in, a great lounge area, Play Station, and bar, yet this place is quiet since it is on Thrappaya Soi 15. Just 2 minutes walk to a Songtau either direction. Don't get fooled - it's 10 Baht no matter where you go, not 20, unless you try to take a long scenic ride or something. Check out Pattaya Garden Apartments online.

Hi,

in Jomtien.

Any idea's ?

What happened to your 4000 baht per month search?

I'm afraid I kind of hi-jacked the post, original poster asked about the 4000 per month.

Just to follow up the place I found advertised on Thai Vista at 8500 is fine, very clean and has all I need with a very helpful owner / manager ? (owns some manages others in the Jomtien Beach Condos) who speaks english very well and has a French partner :)

David