Khaosan Road

tardelli

Walk from Siam to Khao San Road? Maybe in 2 hours.

If you go to Ekkamai, go out to main road (Sukhumvit) and catch either #511 (a/c) or #2 (no a/c).

If you go to Mo Chit, may be a bus from there to KSR, or get yourself down to Vic Monument and catch a KSR bus, but I forget #. Could ask bus workers in area.

Dunno if you are a farang tourist / traveller or wot.

I can't understand why people want to go to KSR.

The place is full of sruffy farangs boozing and whoreing.

No decent transport connections, blaisé food places..

I am a farang, but never stay with similar peoples where ever.

REgular visitor, cupla times a year.

My preference, Silom area.

WHY bother travelling?

• Like 1

WHY bother travelling?

He is in Pattaya, he is used to the booziing whoreing falangs. But he didn't ask if he SHOULD go there or where he should go, so we should shut up and and answer his question on how best to get there.

Anyway OP, google maps, you can see each place and you can decide for yourself how you want to travel to Khao San. Each one offers a little different experience. I find it easiest to get there by taking the BTS to Victory Monument then taking a taxi. For you, you can take the bus there or MoChit and taxi it. Taxi should be about 100 baht if I remember correctly, I haven't been there in over a year.

• Like 1

WHY bother travelling?

HUH?

Silom is where Patpong is ... Full of foreigners and yes they are generally less 'scruffy' but the tourists are doing what you incorrectly attribute to the KSR area (no Patpong, Nana, or Cowboy -like areas in KSR!)

I genuinely enjoy the KSR area on the odd occurrence that I go there. Good food choices etc ... a younger and less "single white male of a certain age" type. Interesting subsets of Thai people that go there ... etc.

But as another poster pointed out ... he didn't ask IF he should go ... he asked HOW he should get there :)

I think you're confusing it with Silom

I think fastest/easiest way is probaby BTS to Phaya Thai or Victory Monument and taxi the rest of the way, so you skip over most of the bad traffic. Taxi from Phaya Thai is like 60 baht so total including bts is under 100

google maps

you know, one reason why i hate asking questions on thaivisa is because of useless non-answers like this. the poor soul is just asking for some genuine human help, not for some automated answer like "google it".

and i agree with the others. he's not debating the pros and cons of going to KSR. he just wants to know how to get there.

so please try to limit the amount of dickery you engage in here because it is not welcome.

gb

• Like 1

I think you're confusing it with Silom

I think fastest/easiest way is probaby BTS to Phaya Thai or Victory Monument and taxi the rest of the way, so you skip over most of the bad traffic. Taxi from Phaya Thai is like 60 baht so total including bts is under 100

Nope, no confuzzlement mate.

Reg in Bangers over 8 years..

Actually prefer Silom.

Ekkamai

Nah, Mo Chit would be closer

Ekkamai ---- walk out in front of the bus station and to the left 300 feet and catch a 511 aircon bus from Ekkamai to KSR.

If he did that, wouldn't he get on a bus going in the wrong direction? I think he should cross Sukhumvit Road (using the BTS station) then get a bus going in the opposite direction.