How Does The Land Lie?

shamus

I wanted to come over for a 2 week recharge, to fly in about a week from now but I'm a little uneasy about the rallies going on in BKK at the mo. Can you guys having first hand experience let me know how likely you think I am to run into any such problems at the moment. I know things are calm at the mo but I haven't a clue if they're likely to escalate as happened before.

Don't worry about it mate.... come over as long as you are not hanging around in the wrong areas, there you won't see a thing. If you are staying in BKK, then you will quickly know where to stay away from. Just follow all the other farangs, and you will be ok.

I came here in the height of the last troubles and i didn't see a thing out of place. Mostly because i never went looking for it, and I didn't spend much time in BKK anyway,

News reports tend to condense a viewers perception of a problem, especially when they are thousands of miles away. In reality, these things are spread thinly across a large area.

If you are not staying in BKK, then i doubt you will have any problems.

Edited by newsite12

The conditions are terrible! The whole country is a warzone, stay away!

...zing...

A bullet just took at my mousepad, oh the humanity!

My condolences. See you at the Wat once my Flack jacket comes back from the cleaners. :ph34r:

Been to Thailand many many times before so I know the score about getting around BKK in general I just wanted to know if any more airport takeovers were due.

It's alright saying yeah yeah come and making cracks about flak jackets but I wouldn't want to have to sleep in an airport, that didn't look like fun to me.

47.6!? I could get 60+ in 2008