Supermarket Member/Club Cards

farangpattaya

Got myself a Tesco Lotus Clubcard and a Carrefour I Wish card.

The Tesco card is pretty clear: giving discount on advertised products (e.g. 2 = 1 or 3 =2 ) and yes, they send regular bulletins to my home address with vouchers and discount coupons, as well as an overview of my saved points and their benefits.

The Carrefour I Wish card offers the same in-house discounts (price tag shows the card), but I couldn't discover more than just that. Obviously, I'm saving points, but for what?

Does anyone have a bit more info on the Carrefour I Wish card?

The TOPS shopping card is useful as it enables you to buy certain marked items at discounted prices. The card is free.

Indeed. I'd still like to know what all the points business is about though. Been using it for many years and so must have loads of points, but never been offered at any time a way of using them - assuming one actually can.

The TOPS shopping card is useful as it enables you to buy certain marked items at discounted prices. The card is free.

This card is a MUST for shopping at Tops outlets. More than once I've been fooled at the checkout at Central basement when I questioned the price charged against the price displayed. The prices displayed are the card discounted prices. No card....higher price. Since I got the card I've had several mailings with discount (off the card prices) vouchers, and even a voucher for cash back.

tops card accumulates points on every purchase, some items attract higher points rewards and are marked as such

these points can be exchanged for on cash voucher for up to 500 baht valid for each visit to the cashier

the other week i saved around 1400 baht on my weekly shopping at central.

3 vouchers , 3 cash outs.......

carrefour wish is used by the powers to be to monitor your purchases and how you shop

occasional promotions and free gifts are available only for members

the accumulated points cannot be translated into cash at Carrefour

Indeed. I'd still like to know what all the points business is about though. Been using it for many years and so must have loads of points, but never been offered at any time a way of using them - assuming one actually can.

go to the information desk in Central shopping and ask them to value the card

take some Tops Card matching ID with you

they will tell you how much money credit you have and can issue vouchers to spend in the store immediately

• Like 1

The ailing Villa Market at the Avenue will ask you if you have their Villa Market card.; yet, when you ask for an application, they do not have one. I had to email Villa Market ioffice n Bangkok to get mine . Yes, the Central/Topps one is beneficial to have.

forget all that shopping stuff-------------------get a shenanigans jontiem discount card it will cost you 300 baht and they give you a 500 baht voucher to spend even in happy hour on food and drink----not same day

the card gives 15% off all drinks not reduced in happy hour ie. if a drink is not on a happy hour reduced price you get the discount------------and 15% off food not on special offer ie. not on eat as much as you want deals

not as complicated as it might sound and you make money from the start if you want to use the venue

forgot to say i am not connected to shenns jontiem in any way and just happen to be here now hic--------see afternoon drinking

Edited by neilf

This card is a MUST for shopping at Tops outlets. More than once I've been fooled at the checkout at Central basement when I questioned the price charged against the price displayed. The prices displayed are the card discounted prices. No card....higher price. Since I got the card I've had several mailings with discount (off the card prices) vouchers, and even a voucher for cash back.

where is central basement please

where is central basement please

its the lower ground floor of the Central Festival Center

there's a supermarket there

its branded as Central Shopping but its run by Tops

the information desk is between the cashouts