Where To Go In Hua Hin?

kunash

hi, i will be back in HH, on the 19th October, for a few nights. I will be staying with my thai girlfriend at the Hilton, I have been before, and we visited the wonderful shopping mall, the area in front of the Hilton, and that is about it. ( in Novemeber I will be visiting Cha Am )

So where else shall we try, that is not too far away. Please bear in mind we will probably hire a tuk tuk only, as my GF will be recovering from an operation, so no moped.

is the night market worth a visit? where is a great place to eat lunch and dinner? where is a good condo development to visit to look at the properties for sale? or rather where is a good estate agent, we can ask?

any tips would be welcome

Kunash, the night market is fun to visit once to look at the wares as well as for cheap good food. If shopping is a priority, there is another open air market that is imo better than the night market called Grand Market about a kilometer south of the center of town. It's another night market and I think is only open 5 nights a week (not sure which ones though). Also we have a proper shopping mall, Market Village just a little further south on the main road from the Grand Market.

For restaurants, there are so many and such a variety, I would suggest you be more specific about the type of food and the price you want to pay or just browse the "Favorite Restaurants" thread at the top of this forum. There is pretty much anything you want to eat in Hua Hin.

Oh dear. This thread pretty much sums up Hua Hin. The OP asks what there is to do in Hua Hin one whole week ago and there has been one single reply.

There isnt realy very much to do in Hua Hin unless you like beer bars and fish markets.

And old people.

The above sums it up, although;

Cha Am is worth a visit for the day, on the beach eating and drinking.

Food, best value Sizzler in Market Village, get a steak and jacket potatoe for 180 baht and all the salad and coke you can eat and drink, then a little shopping to end the evening.

Go Karts are great fun.

Night Market (two of them in the centre of town) for cheap quality stuff.

Edited by alina

Stay away from Sizzler in Market Village if you're after decent and cheap food, just go to the grand plaza night market (next to San Paulo hosp and also has thai boxing in the grand sport). I'd recommand Grand Steak in the grand market, all the restuarents are up on right hand side, closest to the hospital, for 120bht you can get a huge plate of steak AND chicken, chips, salad etc. American style portions for next to nothing, also market has food like Sushi for 5bht and dvds / clothes cheaper then the other markets, one of my favourite markets around.

Check out the Tuesday night market as well on the Canal Road (Pak azan road or something) to Smoor Prong it has all the best stuff but overly crowded.