How Many People Know You By Name?

mark45y

given the abundance of information the op has provided about his personal history, it should be no surprise that he is "known". he has told us he is legendary in some circles.

if we have been her for a significant amount of time, we are all known in our communities because as foreigners we are remarkable.

whether we are considered familiar or notorious depends on how we conduct ourselves.

given the abundance of information the op has provided about his personal history, it should be no surprise that he is "known". he has told us he is legendary in some circles.

if we have been her for a significant amount of time, we are all known in our communities because as foreigners we are remarkable.

whether we are considered familiar or notorious depends on how we conduct ourselves.

Yes he claims to be legendary in Pattaya, I've lived here since 1990 and when I asked who he actually was, who is this legend, I got no response.

I'll know him for sure if he's so legendary, and he only lived round the corner from me, I lived on Third road for many years.

Tommy, is it you ? It's the only guy I can think of with legendary status from that area.

I think he's just another anonymous Internet forum legend, thats all.

Edited by sillyman99

Yes he claims to be legendary in Pattaya, I've lived here since 1990 and when I asked who he actually was, who is this legend, I got no response.

I'll know him for sure if he's so legendary, and he only lived round the corner from me, I lived on Third road for many years.

Tommy, is it you ? It's the only guy I can think of with legendary status from that area.

I'm not so sure about that, Sillyman. Pattaya is so busy with so many new tourists every day that noticing anyone in particular would be difficult. However, I have been amazed at many of the Thais who call me by name, even after being away for several years. There is a Thai couple who run a small, successful cafe behind a commodities market along 2nd street near Soi 9. I used to eat there regularly in the 1990s before moving up to Chiang Mai. 10 years later when I came back for a visit they met me with a smile and spoke my name. They knew what I liked to eat and how it was cooked. They also remembered I like Min-now (lime) with my water. As I'm sure they do that with all regular customers their business has prospered because of it. I remembered when they just started up and the wife was pregnant with their first baby.

"Was on a bus Friday and realized three people on the bus knew my name."

Hang on!! The bus was called Friday??? :lol::clap2:

You see LT3 for your joke to be even remotely funny then the post you're jesting about would have to have a rather clever or amusing double meaning rather than being a completely normal sentence. :D

For example

" I went to the supermarket this morning "

" Hang on!! The supermarket was called " This Morning" ?

" No. I went to the supermarket between the hours of midnight and noon today."

= Not a joke

" Surely you can't be serious?"

" I am serious....and don't call me Shirley."

= Joke.

You see LT3 for your joke to be even remotely funny then the post you're jesting about would have to have a rather clever or amusing double meaning rather than being a completely normal sentence. :D

For example

= Not a joke

= Joke.

Well now mca, aren't we the comedien?

I was actually pointing out that this sentence:-

is gramatticly incorrect!

It should read:- I was on a bus on Friday......

Hence I made jest (in a light hearted friendly fashion).

If you do not understand my sense of humour then I am deeply sorry for that and beg your forgivness!!!

For example

= Not a joke

= Joke.

If you do not understand my sense of humour then I am deeply sorry for that and beg your forgivness!!!

For example

= Not a joke

= Joke.

You mean you rode your horse Friday onto the bus.

What possible purpose would I have in telling you who I am? I really don’t care if anyone likes me least of all a person who even calls himself silly.

If Benjamin Franklin was posting on Thai Visa would you be more attentive if you knew he was Benjamin Franklin?

If so, and I assume that would be the case, then that is another reason for me not to tell you who I am.