Domestic Flights Bkk To Udon Thani

Could use info on domestic flight schedules, costs, and which airlines fly for domestic Thailand travel from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Udon Thani daily?

Where in the airport can domestic tickets be purchased after my arrival at Suvarnabhumi Airport ?

Any good advice on the subject welcomed.

Thai Airways (3xday)and Air Asia (2xday)are the two who fly out of Suvarnabhumi.

For schedule and prices please visit their websites, prices vary according to many criteria, such as how far you book in advance and how you pay.

Tickets can be bought online or at the companies ticket counters situated near each one check in lines (B, C for Thai and D for Air Asia)

What else do you need to know? :whistling:

Nok Air uses old Don Muang

Edited by tartempion

Thai Airways (3xday)and Air Asia (2xday)are the two who fly out of Suvarnabhumi.

For schedule and prices please visit their websites, prices vary according to many criteria, such as how far you book in advance and how you pay.

Tickets can be bought online or at the companies ticket counters situated near each one check in lines (B, C for Thai and D for Air Asia)

Thanks... I think I will have more questions for sure. Maybe for now the cab fare at midnight from

Suvarnabhumi Airport to Don Muang?

Now now tartempion, just because you are STILL here, no need to be a smartarse. After all, you did correctly say that Nok Air use Don Muang... it's just there's no domestic departures to Udon until 06:00 so maybe the OP has a late arrival at Suvarnabhumi and is headed there ticketless so he can get a ticket before the 5am check-in? Maybe?

So, I reckon you can get a cab for 400 baht. Now, anyone with relevant midnight inter-airport taxi haggling experience please feel free to step in at this juncture.

Thanks... I think I will have more questions for sure. Maybe for now the cab fare at midnight from

Suvarnabhumi Airport to Don Muang?

People tend to ask queries here without disclosing enough info which would elicit better answers. You arriving at midnight makes a difference to your other queries.

If your arriving around midnight ticket counters for Air Asia and I believe Thai (I think it shuts at 11pm? - TBC) will be closed.

It is easy to check and book online prior to your arrival. If you have to wait until 6am for a flight, hanging out at BKK will be better than hanging out at DMK (Don Muang). Off course you could visit a late night establishment on the way and kill a few hours.

Edited by Lakegeneve

Yeah, you're all right.

Wasn't sure what to book as flight, just settled on a 11:15pm arrival in BKK on a sunday night end of November, to save $250.

The Orbitz is looking for an act fast 4 tickets left on thai air mak mak $149 one way.

Thai Air is as low as 2350baht online 1 way.

I think what I need is motel 1 night as I have to hand in at the US Embassy a ton of evidence of relationship, for spouse immigration to America, on Monday. She had a rough time at her interview unfortunately. And then the ticket to Udon.

Only bad chance with ordering online ahead of time would be any flight delays that could throw schedules off. But if staying sunday night then chances may be better of things running smoothly.

I'm not looking to get hammered so the cab drivers at night must bust my b's... just some rest. Where is good motel to book near US Embassy or within reasonable proximity of the Embassy for reasonable cab fees.

THANKS

Yeah, you're all right.

Wasn't sure what to book as flight, just settled on a 11:15pm arrival in BKK on a sunday night end of November, to save $250.

The Orbitz is looking for an act fast 4 tickets left on thai air mak mak $149 one way.

Thai Air is as low as 2350baht online 1 way.

I think what I need is motel 1 night as I have to hand in at the US Embassy a ton of evidence of relationship, for spouse immigration to America, on Monday. She had a rough time at her interview unfortunately. And then the ticket to Udon.

Only bad chance with ordering online ahead of time would be any flight delays that could throw schedules off. But if staying sunday night then chances may be better of things running smoothly.

I'm not looking to get hammered so the cab drivers at night must bust my b's... just some rest. Where is good motel to book near US Embassy or within reasonable proximity of the Embassy for reasonable cab fees.

THANKS

Aha... now you have a totally different plan.

I would recommend the Dynasty Grande on Soi 6, low-end of Sukhumvit (many others of same same price/quality so have a look on agoda.com for alternatives). Not familiar with hotels/motels nearer Wittayu, maybe pricier too? Anyway, either get one of the many cabs that wait out front to take you to your US Embassy appointment... can you just front up with a bundle of papers though? Or walk up to Sukhumvit and take the BTS skytrain from Nana to Ploenchit (next stop) and walk down to the US Emb. That should eat the morning up nicely, grab a cab back (or walk/BTS), check out before noon and cab to the airport for the 13:40 TG flight to Udon. No sweat.

"can you just front up with a bundle of papers though?"

No. Between 1am and 3am at Embassy, so that leaves time to play with, and maybe best to fly out of BKK about 6pm thai air.

I'm waging a guess that Dynasty Grande on Soi 6, is inbetween Suvarnabhumi Airport and US Embassy?

"can you just front up with a bundle of papers though?"

No. Between 1am and 3am at Embassy, so that leaves time to play with, and maybe best to fly out of BKK about 6pm thai air.

I'm waging a guess that Dynasty Grande on Soi 6, is inbetween Suvarnabhumi Airport and US Embassy?

Not so much 'in between' but within 3-10 minutes in a taxi frm the Ploenchit on/off ramps for the motorway, with the usual caveat that if it is raining, that time can increase five-fold. The ramps are 20 minutes to/from the airport.

Then you can indeed have afternoon tea before beating the rush hour traffic to the airport for the 18:15 flight which, one very fraught and wet Friday afternoon, TG let wife, wailing infant and I check in at 18:05 !!! Hence you never hear me say they are a sh!te airline although several of those who had checked in and boarded in a timely manner may have some justification in complaining when the departure appeared to be delayed just for us.