Is Greed Killing Thai-Saudi Ties?

webfact

I am rather surprised the Saudi's haven't done some obvious clandestine stuff to get this back.

Where royal jewels are concerned the gloves usually come off.

With the utter arrogance of being untouchable exhibited by a large section of the Thai " hierarchy " it would be an event if the Saudi's operated a Kidon-type team for a bit of eye for an eye.

Grimly amusing to see them shitting themselves that they were in fact very " touchable "

Yeah but Saudi forces aren't competent enough to carry something like that out anyways. Thais kind of lucked out in a way because if they stole jewels from let's say..Israel or Russia they would have been in for a world of hurt.

However I don't think the politicians would be dumb enough to blatantly jerk those countries around. They knew they could get away with it when it came to Saudi Arabia. Most of the gulf arab countries are too rich and full of themselves to do any heavy lifting.

Edited by wintermute

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am rather surprised the Saudi's haven't done some obvious clandestine stuff to get this back.

If the Saudis were doing clandestine stuff why are you surprised that it wouldn't be obvious?

Because the howling about it would be so loud after the fact.

Of course it would be on the QT prior,

but afterward's heads would roll for letting it happen,

Where royal jewels are concerned the gloves usually come off.

With the utter arrogance of being untouchable exhibited by a large section of the Thai " hierarchy " it would be an event if the Saudi's operated a Kidon-type team for a bit of eye for an eye.

Grimly amusing to see them shitting themselves that they were in fact very " touchable "

Yeah but Saudi forces aren't competent enough to carry something like that out anyways. Thais kind of lucked out in a way because if they stole jewels from let's say..Israel or Russia they would have been in for a world of hurt.

However I don't think the politicians would be dumb enough to blatantly jerk those countries around. They knew they could get away with it when it came to Saudi Arabia. Most of the gulf arab countries are too rich and full of themselves to do any heavy lifting.

There is more than enough Saudi money to buy true competences in clandestine activities.

There is more than enough Saudi money to buy true competences in clandestine activities.

You've been watching too many movies. Nations can't wage open or even clandestine war on each other with paid mercs/agents unless it's through some officially designated activity ie..Iraq/Afghanistan. Plus no mercs would be insane enough to go along with something like this because if their native country found out they would face stiff jail time for violating international treaties.

If Saudi Arabia went ahead and did such a thing international condemnation would come down followed by UN sanctions as soon as the public found out. Foreign agents can't go barging around with MP-5s flipping over houses looking for diamonds without the press catching wind.

Pretty much the only countries that have gotten away with this are Russia and Israel but even they had pretty legit reasons.

Edited by wintermute