Uk Readers Thai Food Festival

krayner

yep, pizzing down in london today, so no trip to battersea for mr & mrs boo I'm afraid, if anyone braved it, let me know how it was pls  :D

We are not going either. :D

Too much rain to take the baby out. :D

I was looking forward to some TV banter over a Chang or three..... :D

Hope those who braved the elements had a fun day! :D !

On a brighter note maybe it will rain allday today and tomorrow and save our poor moronic cricket team...... :o

Those that say they will go, go, those that dont, wont, I even made it after being called into work at 4.50am this morning :o.

It was a grand afternoon, and yes, the rain did lay off for us, well for most of the day that I can remember, and the sun even tried it's hardest later in the afternoon, just a shame about the bomb scare I guess :D.

It was real nice to meet Spee, Opothai, Wolf5370, Rinrada and of course Wolf's old man and kiddies, you've got a couple of little heart breakers there Wolf, so look after them mate..

It sure made a difference from the usual monotony of not doing a lot at all, and a few Chang's were shared by all :D.

Hope everybody made it home safe and sound, me, as usual, fell asleep on the train home and woke up in Milton Keynes and then had to wait to catch the next one back down.

Opothai, not sure where you ended up, but I do remember that I owe you a beer, I'll have to repay the honour some other time though I guess.

Take care all :D !!

Come on then. For those of you that went when are we going to see the pics? I am sorry i didnt go but like i said before the wife wasnt having any of it. We will be going to the one on the August bank holidays in sussex(i think)

Those that say they will go, go, those that dont, wont, I even made it after being called into work at 4.50am this morning :D.

It was a grand afternoon, and yes, the rain did lay off for us, well for most of the day that I can remember, and the sun even tried it's hardest later in the afternoon, just a shame about the bomb scare I guess :D.

It was real nice to meet Spee, Opothai, Wolf5370, Rinrada and of course Wolf's old man and kiddies, you've got a couple of little heart breakers there Wolf, so look after them mate..

It sure made a difference from the usual monotony of not doing a lot at all, and a few Chang's were shared by all :D.

Hope everybody made it home safe and sound, me, as usual, fell asleep on the train home and woke up in Milton Keynes and then had to wait to catch the next one back down.

Opothai, not sure where you ended up, but I do remember that I owe you a beer, I'll have to repay the honour some other time though I guess.

Take care all :D !!

Wasn't the weather to bring my 7 month old son...... :D

Glad you all had fun and that the sun evenually shone down on you! :D !

Certainly could have down with sharing a few Changs........ :o

bangkokbutcher

we just strolled around and drank some more changs and the women and children did what they do best: eating, shopping and listening to the thai superstars.

great day just a shame about the quick ending.

as for another beer anytime :o

Those that say they will go, go, those that dont, wont, I even made it after being called into work at 4.50am this morning .

It was a grand afternoon, and yes, the rain did lay off for us, well for most of the day that I can remember, and the sun even tried it's hardest later in the afternoon, just a shame about the bomb scare I guess .

It sure made a difference from the usual monotony of not doing a lot at all, and a few Chang's were shared by all .

Take care all  !!

Thanks for that Butcher.

I got there at 08:30 as Mrs was playong the Kim in the Thai Classical music tent. Got in early and stood in the rain while they set up - great plan!

Was soaked by the time the gates opened at 11am.

Spee arrived at about lunch time and we missed eachother several times (I'll have a blue and white umbrella - how many blue and white umbrellas could there be in the world!).

Found the Butcher later as we both stood 20 yards apart - facing opposite directions - yelling "I'm waving now" down the mobile!

Rinrada came shortly after.

First time in 11 years of the Festival that it has rained - and boy did it. It did clear up in the afternoon though.

The Old Bill kicked us out at 6pm I think - Butcher and I were reluctant leavers (kids and Grand-pa already having left by a different exit).

Food was good. Show was better this year than most other years - and they didn't run out of Chang for a change - they was giving head scarfs away with every 6-pack of Chang. I'm thinking of wallpapering the garage with them!

Good day, but for weather etc. No one looked like I imagined them to, of course. Was great meeting you all. Also met up with several other people from around the country that I hadn't seen for a while too.

Spee took lot of Picies, so I think he'll post them soon.

Thinking we should arange something for Xmass (just before or after as many of us are in LoS for the Xmass week). No thoughts yet, I know "the Uk Thai forum that must not be mentioned" has a weekend beano at Blackpool each year. COuld be something like that, or just a meal and a drink one Fri/Sat. Anyone interested?

Thinking we should arange something for Xmass (just before or after as many of us are in LoS for the Xmass week). No thoughts yet, I know "the Uk Thai forum that must not be mentioned" has a weekend beano at Blackpool each year. COuld be something like that, or just a meal and a drink one Fri/Sat. Anyone interested?

anytime anywhere

does that sound like the old martini advert

but seriously we would be up for that just post when

I would definately be up for another p**s up erm meet up :D I mean.

I think I did mention on the day that there are a group I know from another board, not the one you mentioned wolf, that do regularly have occassional meets around the country, well London usually, I'm sure they would be prepared to come and help strengthen the numbers if required.

I wont be in Thailand this Xmas, so timing wont be a problem, but please be aware that due to the nature of my trade, I will be very busy plucking turkeys during the month of December :o, so either November or January would probably be my best option..

Was a great day on Sunday Guys ..good to see yous all :o

Heres another date for your social calandar...

I have an ESCAPE Committe that goes on the Friday night every year......so all welcome......even got LOS food...... :D

Great British Beer Festival, 2nd-6th August 2005

The Great British Beer Festival is a celebration of beer from around the UK and around the world.

It is Britain's biggest beer festival and attracts around 45,000 beer drinkers. They come to London Olympia because of the unparalleled choice - where else could you find a choice of over 450 real ales as well as foreign beer cider and perry?

Last year's festival was one of the most successful ever with over 46,000 visitors who between them drank 210,000 pints of beer! Click on the link on the top of this paragraph to see photos of what you missed last year.

Tickets available for all sessions on the door. Tutored tasting tickets, sponsored by Thresher Group this year are now available, see information below for more information.

The Great British Beer Festival, are you drinking what we're drinking?

i'll have to give this one a miss, playing golf at the belfry for a couple of days and maybe the odd drink or two. i don't know if i heard right but someone told me there is a festival or something about the 26th august or if any body has an excuse for an earlier meeting please let me know.

Bomb alert clears park

Foodies and Far East fans congegrated in Battersea Park for the popular Thai food festival last month - until a terror-related alert forced the authorities to evacuate the park.

With tensions high following the July 7 and July 21 London bombing attacks, at least one bystander took no chances and called police when they saw a man put a bag into bushes near the festival.

Police evacuated the 10,000 festival-goers "quietly and efficiently" at about 4.30pm, and an explosives officer carried out a controlled explosion on the suspicious package - which turned out to be merely a picnic coolbox.

The public was allowed back in at around 6.30pm in an attempt to resume the celebration of Thai cuisine and Thai culture.

The park was transformed into a Thai village for the day, with dancing, spices, Muay Thai kick boxing and, of course, food galore.

3:02pm today

source

wandsworth guardian