Homeopathic Remedies In Thailand?

jayjay2001

Looks like you are trying to suppress a debate about homeopathy?

or should I start another topic?

I am enforcing Forum rules. Please note the specific health forum rules, which are pinned in this forum.

The Health forum is here as a resource for people with health related concerns. it is not the place for "debates" (read: argument). There is a very clear policy regarding alternative treatments and quackery, see the pinned notice. Homeopathy falls within the realm of a formal system of alternative medicine. I personally don't believe in it, but that's not the point. One of the issues this forum had to struggle with early on was how to handle the issue of alternative medicine and quack remedies, and we have opted for the balance laid out in the pinned notice.

"debating" with another poster who clearly believes in a form of alternative medicine you do not is clearly provocative and just a step away from flaming which it will soon turn into. As it did.

I can't find the above notice.....can you give me the address?

However, I think it is a very serious matter that the healthcare system in Thailand has very little regulation and monitoring compared to most "western" countries.THe problems that arise out of this is that the average patient - a layman is either beguiled or bewildered by the plethora of treatments offered by "mainstream" hospitals.Faced with alternative medicines being offered in conventional hospitals, it is very difficult for most patients to tell whether they are being treated with a bona fide scientifically proven treatment or one such as homeopathy which is based on a theory of energy from God which has no basis in fact and no evidence of efficacy.Yet - they still pay money to the hospitals for this and other mumbo-jumbo thinking that because it is in a hospital it must be efficacious.

I can't find the above notice.....

See Forum Rules on the Health section front page. Pity you used your question to launch another attack.

Allow me...

'aggressive attempts to persuade other members to either adapt or abandon alternative vs. modern forms of treatment will not be permitted'

A pity this thread was allowed to degenerate into a flame war.

Let me reiterate the original question: Are there any homeopathy shops or pharmacies carrying homeopathic remedies in Pattaya. If not, then elsewhere in Thailand?

I seem to recall seeing a homeopathic section in the big Fascino on Pattaya Nua, but I'm not sure. Will have to check more careful next time I'm there.

Irrelevant post deleted.

Posters who feel to discuss homeopathy as a discipline in a civil way are invited to start a new topic.

The OP needs to have info on where to acquire homeopathic meds in Pattaya. If you, as a poster, do not have relevant information, please don't post.