Thaksin Returns From London Safely

george

PM returns from London safely

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra safely returned from London this afternoon, saying everything is alright.

Upon arrival at the Don Muang International Airport, the prime minister told journalists briefly that he would talk about yesterday's bomb attacks in London during his weekly radio address to the nation Saturday morning.

"Everything is alright. I'm safe. I'll talk about my trip to London during my weekly radio broadcast tomorrow", he said.

The prime minister and his family's members were in London when a series of bomb blasts against three underground train stations and a public bus took place yesterday, two weeks after similar bomb attacks against the public transport networks in the British capital city.

Meanwhile, metropolitan police forces have beefed up their security measures at the British Embassy in Bangkok around the clock.

A group of senior police officers, led by Metropolitan Police Chief Pol. Lt. Gen. Pansiri Prapawat, visited and thoroughly inspected the embassy compound and areas in its vicinity today.

More police officers from Lumpini Police Station, as well as the Special Branch and the 191 Unit have also been deployed at the embassy to provide their 24-hour services.

"Patrols by police around the embassy every hour has also been assigned", said Pol. Lt. Gen. Pansiri.

"I've also instructed the metropolitan police forces to continue to liaise with intelligence agencies closely for a trace of any security threats", he added.

The metropolitan police chief also asked the general public for tip-offs in case that they witness any suspicious acts or behaviours.

He and his team later went to inspect the city's skytrain and subway networks, as well as the Hua Lampong Train Station.

Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Thai Army Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan said that he had also ordered a strict vigilance and security reinforcement at all military sites cross the countr

--TNA 2005-07-22

Just spoke to the missus and she says he was there for a holiday and to get his kids into "school" in England. Don't know how old the kids are, but maybe it's university.

Amazing how we're often not worth anything over here, but our educational system is just hunky dory for his family.

Hypocrite. I'm sure it won't go unnoticed how the fearless leader who's standing up against all forms of extreme political behaviour in this country rushed back with his tail between his legs after the unfortunate incidents in London to proclain to his loyal followers that he was OK.

Rant over.

Have been watching news all week here, and don't remember seeing Thaksin with Tony Blair, or Queen Elizabeth? Infact the only foreign PM in the UK this week was the one from OZ - John Howard. Aint seen Mr T in any news here?

Interesting point, what was he doing in the Uk anyone know?

Private visit. No need for him to them and them to see him.

Yes, I too was concerned about Mr. T. :D Glad he made it back okay, where would we be without his heavy handed guidance? :D Who would take over if he where unable to govern? :D Sure a family member, so we can feel better knowng it all stays in the family. :o Probably made a deposit and moved some important certs. :D

Have been watching news all week here, and don't remember seeing Thaksin with Tony Blair, or Queen Elizabeth?

The Queen wouldn't meet Thaksin. Thaksin is not the Head of State.

Tony Blair wouldn't be interested in meeting him. He has more important people to meet than 3rd world kleptocrats.