Playing Wow With True Ultra Hi Speed

mmkin

I play WOW on 4mb.... and it was great.... until I forgot to pay my bill for a couple months and they disconnected me, went in and paid my bill that day and they reconnected me wrong somehow and now I cant raid..... REALLY UPSET. Im in a high end raiding guild and now I cant even stay connected for more than 3 seconds on boss pull. I would pay any amount to ensure stable fast connection but all they offer in my area is 4mb.

230ms or there abouts to US pings same as ADSL connection. VDSL does not really help with ping times.

Can't really change the laws of physics its purely a distance to Thailand thing and how fast you can shove the electrons down a pipe.

However the Ultra Highspeed products are rock solid and had ZERO downtime with it.

I would say the 30mb is probably best value for speed.

Edited by negreanu

230ms or there abouts to US pings same as ADSL connection. VDSL does not really help with ping times.

Can't really change the laws of physics its purely a distance to Thailand thing and how fast you can shove the electrons down a pipe.

However the Ultra Highspeed products are rock solid and had ZERO downtime with it.

I would say the 30mb is probably best value for speed.

so you are getting around 200ms with VDSL? if so, i think its so much better. im getting around 400-500 usually on True/TOT/3BB.

Nobody in asia can get 200-300ping in WoW if ur not using a tunnel.

im getting abt 240ms with tunnels. Even then it still lags with spikes even on a 5mb 3bb premier.

the 30MB line is pretty good in terms of the price if u dont compare to other countries.

Nobody in asia can get 200-300ping in WoW if ur not using a tunnel.

I can have done for the last couple of years. if i use a tunnel i get around 200-210ms.

Don't know where u got your info.

Whats a tunnel and how do i get one?

Im so pissed..... 6 months of perfect raiding and now this bullshit, they cut my connection and when they reconnected me suddenly I cant raid, when I complain they assure me its my game and not them. I just want the connection I had for the last 6 months...damnit.

My net has been pretty <deleted> for the last week or so.

What server do you play on? I'm on Lightbringer and I usually pull 400-500ms without a tunnel. If I do use a tunnel and my True line is up for it I can get about 300ms. I use lowerping.com it's fairly cheap at $AUD8 a month but the issue here is Thai nets.

Why don't you try doing a trace to your wow server

http://www.wowwiki.com/US_realm_list_by_datacenter

Been playing WoW on EU-server from Chiang Mai with latency of about 500ms on a good(!) day(night). Usually 700ms or so.

I have TT&T premiere package.

On bossfights in ICC-25 I sometimes have big problems with major lag and sometimes dc's.

I don't use a tunneling service since, after opening a ticket, the gm told me I would get banned.

Anyway, bored with the game now after 4 years of play, gonna sell my account. The lag is just too much here from Thailand compared to my old 12-15ms so DPS is much lower than it should be and serious tanking (my fav) or healing raids is out of the question.

GL with Cataclysm!

Edited by wehugheog

Thailand routing to EU servers are bad.

Best is US servers. Been using Lowerping and then now moved to gamepath.

Ditched crappy 3BB 12MB and lag terribly with them , now using TOT 4MB and got no lag at all with 240ms and i play on Thaurissan.