Traditional Christmas Lunch/dinner

colinj

I will be arriving in Bangkok Christmas Eve and as we have not had a Christmas Dinner for a few years I would like to find a place somewhere in Bangkok.

I imagine the International Hotels would have something but would appreciate any input the board members can give.

Cost is also a factor as there will be myself, my wife and daughter and of cause I will have to pay for a few of my wifes family, sisters nieces nephews etc.

I am Australian so looking for traditional British / Australian Christmas Dinner.

Any recommendations on restuarants would be appreciated.

Thanks

Colin

I usually go to Bobby's Arms On Patpong II (car park entrance). About 350-400 baht all-in, good service and tastes as good as the hotels I've been to. Jools on Sukhumvit Soi 4 is also good.

Hotels tend to be more expensive because of higher profit margins,

service, VAT etc.

Don's and the Green Man are the best of all if you happen to be in Phuket for Christmas, or need an excuse to be there.

I will be arriving in Bangkok Christmas Eve and as we have not had a Christmas Dinner for a few years I would like to find a place somewhere in Bangkok.

I imagine the International Hotels would have something but would appreciate any input the board members can give.

Cost is also a factor as there will be myself, my wife and daughter and of cause I will have to pay for a few of my wifes family, sisters nieces nephews etc.

I am Australian so looking for traditional British / Australian Christmas Dinner.

Thanks

Colin

i thought australians had BBQ for x-mas . I guess if cost is a factor you could start saving now. maybe put some money in equities or to be on the safe side a fixed term deposit . :o

Thanks

Colin

i thought australians had BBQ for x-mas . I guess if cost is a factor you could start saving now. maybe put some money in equities or to be on the safe side a fixed term deposit . :o

Yep, Turkey in the Webber , only way to go mate.

Thanks

Colin

Yeah! I do a mean leg of lamb in my weber too!

Thanks

Colin

i thought australians had BBQ for x-mas . I guess if cost is a factor you could start saving now. maybe put some money in equities or to be on the safe side a fixed term deposit . :D

Yeah! I do a mean leg of lamb in my weber too!

You havent got the hang of these quote things? :D:D:o

Thanks

Colin

Yep the good old kangaroo on a spit mate Hmmmmm tasty :D

Thank you to the members that gave me some info. I will check them out closer to Xmas.

I know I am very early but wanted to get an idea now about whats available as we are planning the trip now. Even the flights are booking up quickly. Singapore Airlines from Sydney to Bangkok on the 24/12 are already booked out and Thai is about 80% booked on the 24th.

Wilko thanks for the info on Pattaya, we will be their for New Year.