Little Bit Of Guidance Please

laphroaig

I am trying to learn some thai and using online facilities along with a phrase book. The stuff I am doing is very simple but I want to us it to learn more.

I want to address a friends son 'BEW' but do not know how to create the name correctly in thai script. Help would be appreciated.

Also, the western words such as 'your' appear to relate to 'of you' in thai.

For example, instead of saying 'your mother' I believe it would be correct to say 'mother of you'. Would this be correct? The sentence would read 'it is my wish to take care of your mother' How would this sentence correctly be written in thai script

thanks

For the name Bew, I would write it as follows,

บิว

As for Thai speech patterns I just follow them and dont give to much thought to the mechanics of it.

Your mother would be,

แม่ของคุณ this can be shortened to แม่คุณ

I suppose a direct translation would be, mother yours or mother of you or mother belonging to you, I just translate as your mother.

Another problem is how you use it, for example if I was asking a friend how his mothers health was I would start the conversation with,

คุณแม่ instead of แม่คุณ

As for take care of, I dont know the context, do you mean financially or in sickness for example?

The following link will give an insight for the appropriate use depending on your intentions.

http://www.thai-language.com/default.aspx

For the name Bew, I would write it as follows,

บิว

As for Thai speech patterns I just follow them and dont give to much thought to the mechanics of it.

Your mother would be,

แม่ของคุณ this can be shortened to แม่คุณ

I suppose a direct translation would be, mother yours or mother of you or mother belonging to you, I just translate as your mother.

Another problem is how you use it, for example if I was asking a friend how his mothers health was I would start the conversation with,

คุณแม่ instead of แม่คุณ

As for take care of, I dont know the context, do you mean financially or in sickness for example?

The following link will give an insight for the appropriate use depending on your intentions.

http://www.thai-lang...om/default.aspx

The attached JPEG details some options

post-43437-081923600 1286353392_thumb.jp