Register Uk Marriage In Thailand

I was married to my Thai wife in UK about 10 years ago and have a UK marriage certificate.. I would now like to formally register my UK marriage in Thailand, Is this posible. Could anyone please advise.

Thanks

No problem, contact your embassy. The embassy has to certify that the marriage certificate is true. Once that is done you go to a translation agency to have it translated into Thai. next step if to have it certified by the Thai Foreign Ministry, consular section. (The translation agency can take care of this for you). Once that is done you go to an amphur/district office and have the wedding recorded into the Thai wedding register.

Immigration will want a copy of the entry into the Thai wedding register, the Khor rhor 22 form.

No problem, contact your embassy. The embassy has to certify that the marriage certificate is true. Once that is done you go to a translation agency to have it translated into Thai. next step if to have it certified by the Thai Foreign Ministry, consular section. (The translation agency can take care of this for you). Once that is done you go to an amphur/district office and have the wedding recorded into the Thai wedding register.

Immigration will want a copy of the entry into the Thai wedding register, the Khor rhor 22 form.

Thanks for your quick reply.

• 1 year later...

Do any of you know where is an affordable place to get the documents translated into Thai and certified?

Do you mean certified or notarised - what is the translation required for ?

I have just had a UK marriage certificate translated for 300 Baht.

Do any of you know where is an affordable place to get the documents translated into Thai and certified?

I would like my marriage certificate translated and notarised.

Where did you get yours translated for 300baht?

I think it has to be notarized or certified because the amphur I don't think would accept just a translation.

I would like my marriage certificate translated and notarised.

Where did you get yours translated for 300baht?

I think it has to be notarized or certified because the amphur I don't think would accept just a translation.

mdechgan - Look at answer #2 - these boys here know what they are talking about.

The amphur is only interested in seeing the MFA certification which will follow the embassy certification of the UK marriage certificate.

I had the English marriage certificate translated (by the daughter of a colleague) for a friend who will take UK original to the British Consulate. They will certify the UK marriage certificate. He will then take the certified UK marriage certificate and the Thai translation to Ministry of Foreign Affairs, consular section who will certify the translation. That is what will satisfy the amphur.

Then for a marriage extension Immigration will want a copy of the entry into the Thai wedding register, the Khor rhor 22 form.

Edited by cardholder