Uk Flr Question

Hi

Im currently in the process of sorting out my supporting documents for my wife's FLR application. But it says you cant give internet bank statements.

" Note 5 We do not accept internet or cashpoint statements as evidence of finances "

Im just curious to know because during our UK settlement visa application i did submit internet bank statements i had printed from my online bank account, and the only difference i can tell from a printed version and a statement the bank has sent me is the quality of the paper its printed on.

Should i go to bank and ask them to send me the previous 3 months of statements or will the printed statements from my online account be fine for this application too ?

Thanks for any advice you guys and gals can give. jap.gif

Guest jonzboy

I took the ebanking printouts to my bank and had them authenticate them with a chop and signature, no cost, just a smile and lots of please/thank you's

I took the ebanking printouts to my bank and had them authenticate them with a chop and signature, no cost, just a smile and lots of please/thank you's

And that was accepted i assume ? As i went to the bank today and they said it would cost £5 for the bank to send me the statements i require .

I paid for my Bank to provide valid copies of my Bank Statements going back 6 months to prove continuity of transactions over this period. I felt it was worth putting in too much than too little, and to have it authenticated.

After all, if not adhereing to the request to provide authenticated copies resulting in your application failing, it becomes rather a costly gamble...??:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

When we applied for M's VV I contacted my bank regarding 6 month statements. They advised me that the copy they would (and did) send would be just the same as the one I print off from my online account.

As a result when we applied for her settlement visa I just printed out the statement from my computer. I must admit that almost all the financial information I provided were photocopies. These included P60, salary slips, Premium bonds, mortgage statement etc. I also just printed out the online statement for the few shares I hold in an online share dealing account.

Given so much of daily life is now conducted online I believe that the ECO understands that banking and financial management has changed. As a result they are probally used to looking at a variety of documentation which is typically held in electronic format.

If you have a good bank (????) as Jonzboy appears to have then having them stamp up the statements would be beneficial but I don't believe that it is essential