Electric Fences

Hi

Someone tried to break into our house last night 10 PM through a ground level window. Just smashed the glass opened the window but luckily internal security bars and the GF upstairs prevented them.

Buglar alarm with continiouis flashing alarm box, LOUD Dogs, Internal and external lights on But low bounday wall 5ft with land plots either side empty giving easy access to my garden.

Thought about an electric fence on top of original boundary wall to prevent easy access. I know there not cheap. The other option is to raise the original wall to say 6 Ft and then put the iron spikes or even glass on top.

Any One tried an electric fence. Pro s and Cons??

Any recommendations please PM me.

Cheers

Any recommendations please PM me. Would be nice to read them my self here !!!

I have been told that in the north some people wire up their gates with 'mains power' and switch it on at night, ANYONE touches it they die.

The mum in-law assures me that some of those high fences around peoples houses, with the foot high spikes on them, are in fact wired the same, try to climb over a 8 foot fence wired up and you die you naughty boy. To me, these are extreme and chances are a loved one will be the real victim.

Maybe you would want to electrify it with the same system as on cattle properties, that just give a bloody good jolt, and that combined with the fear of it being a lot stronger might work.

if some one wants to get in, they always can, just make is easier for them to go somewhere else.

Also, I have seen, many a front door with a vertical glass section next to it, even if it is secured with bars, people can break it and then just put their hand through and open the door. Only answer to this is special glass that doesn't smash, or a proper deadlock that need a key on both sides, not common in Thailand. Home Pro stock them I see,

Just smashed the glass opened the window but luckily internal security bars and the GF upstairs prevented them.

Buglar alarm with continiouis flashing alarm box' date=' LOUD Dogs, Internal and external lights on

[/quote']

Must have been a desperate drug addict to still try breaking in by smashing a window when alarm was activated.

Hi

If I get any recommendations I ll PM you as I didnt think we could recommend companies on the open forum.

Its the first attempt break in we have had in 4 yrs so to date the visible alarm and the two dogs have worked well. The rest of the houses on the estate have all been burgled and secuirty are pathetic so I guess its expected. We have a constant problem with break ins on the development!

Just looking for a low shock like with the cattle. There are a few companies in BKK that look OK, just looking for some feedback.

Cheers

Not sure about electric fences but one thought on security I have is that the higher your wall is the more attractive your property is to a prospective burglar as once he's in no-one outside can see what is happening.

There are several firms that sell, install and service LEGAL electric fences based in Bangkok. I went with the low bidder for our home in Buriram province. Mike Rust of WASP-Security has proven himself to be 100% professional. I've posted photos over the past two years of his staff and the excellent system that has never failed us. Top notch gear, great design, excellent installation team and I deal with a Native English speaker. Well worth your time to obtain a bid after you speak with Mike Rust. The cost is FAR less than steel or spikes which can easily be compromised. You can't see the fence at night but the Thai people can certainly read the warning signs in Thai. They tend to think our stainless steel fence is part of the "electric" fence. Mike's office is a nice walk from a BTS station. I would have spent FAR less on door locks had I known how effective the electric fence has been for over two years. We did not have to buy any door or window bars. Wasp-Security has a web site in Thai and English where you can see many photos of installations.

post-20604-039082200 1286266702_thumb.jp

post-20604-067630700 1286266742_thumb.jp

post-20604-016319400 1286266771_thumb.jp

post-20604-075624700 1286266805_thumb.jp

post-20604-078672000 1286266831_thumb.jp

Kamalabob 2 Thanks for the pictures looks good! I have sent you a PM.

Several members have e mailed and sent pictures from WASP SY.

I agree with GMAC that high walls will give cover to the burglar not good especially if the house becomes empty.

Already have TWO BIG out of control Bengle dogs that like biting people and bark for England so I think thats enough. Would be curious to know what are the best type of guard dogs? German Shephards, Dobermans? something Thai?

We paid ฿1,600 for a cattle zapper (48,000 VDC very low amps). The kit contains about 500 metres of line, a charger, either mains or battery, and an earth spike. we use it to keep our buffalo where we want them, it works very well for our dogs as well!<BR><BR>When touched it gives a proper zap, quite harmless really but a real fright if you're not expecting it( just quietly, even if you are!), for insulators all you need is to put coke bottles on top of the wall with the orange string wound around them, a stainless steel wire is integrel to the string.<BR><BR>With a sign in Thai pointing out the nature of the wire and mentioning that there are more inside the wall should keep the ner'do wells out of the place!<BR><BR>Chok Dee <BR>

There are several firms that sell, install and service LEGAL electric fences based in Bangkok. I went with the low bidder for our home in Buriram province. Mike Rust of WASP-Security has proven himself to be 100% professional. I've posted photos over the past two years of his staff and the excellent system that has never failed us. Top notch gear, great design, excellent installation team and I deal with a Native English speaker. Well worth your time to obtain a bid after you speak with Mike Rust. The cost is FAR less than steel or spikes which can easily be compromised. You can't see the fence at night but the Thai people can certainly read the warning signs in Thai. They tend to think our stainless steel fence is part of the "electric" fence. Mike's office is a nice walk from a BTS station. I would have spent FAR less on door locks had I known how effective the electric fence has been for over two years. We did not have to buy any door or window bars. Wasp-Security has a web site in Thai and English where you can see many photos of installations.

Kamalabob,can you give us an idea about the cost for a system similar to yours.

We paid ฿1,600 for a cattle zapper (48,000 VDC very low amps). The kit contains about 500 metres of line, a charger, either mains or battery, and an earth spike. we use it to keep our buffalo where we want them, it works very well for our dogs as well!<BR><BR>When touched it gives a proper zap, quite harmless really but a real fright if you're not expecting it( just quietly, even if you are!), for insulators all you need is to put coke bottles on top of the wall with the orange string wound around them, a stainless steel wire is integrel to the string.<BR><BR>With a sign in Thai pointing out the nature of the wire and mentioning that there are more inside the wall should keep the ner'do wells out of the place!<BR><BR>Chok Dee <BR>

Welly Boots and Rubber gloves is all that is needed, as the sign gives would be takers enough info to prepare....................