A Decent Breakfast At Airport?

jaideeguy

Decent Breakfast > McDonalds :blink: PRICELESS! :lol:

I would have brought along some sandwiches and a bottle of juice from the local 7-Eleven.

Sadly you would have your juice confiscated at the liquids check (if it's more than 100ml) :(

I would have brought along some sandwiches and a bottle of juice from the local 7-Eleven.

Sadly you would have your juice confiscated at the liquids check (if it's more than 100ml) :(

Can have my breakfast after check-in, but before immigration.

Please note OP's schedule is around 6am in the morning. Are you sure such places are opened?

Nearly all food outlets are open in the early morning as it is one of the busiest times of the day at the airport with the large number of outbound morning flights! I have taken flights at 7am-8am and had breakfast from the large number of options available.

Please note that the OP stated "no breakfast in hotel at 6am" , which I take to mean that the flight is thus around 7:30am-8am but the OP did not state. By that time everything is open.

Third floor (between departures and arrivals) has many eateries Black Canyon etc, have a look there, eggs to be found.

Those restaurants are decent.l I usually eat in there at night instead of at the Novotel where I sleep. Prices are good. Not the gouging one sees at western airports.

Back to the OP, there's almost buggerall to eat land-side or air-side at 6am.

A lot of your "24-hour" McDonald's have nothing ready at 6am. Like the eateries at the airport, they are open but the kitchen staff haven't got the stuff out of the fridge yet and the wait staff are... waiting.

The comment that other airports are open 24/7 versus Thailand is a pretty misinformed generalization too in my experience. Once the flights are gone, so are the customers and few businesses will stay open for the odd traveler with a buggered up layover schedule.

Edited by NanLaew

My experiences are quite different. I usually depart ~ 06:45 (once a month) and am air-aide ~ 5:15 (the TG lounge I use in concourse D opens at 05:15).

Land-side, the Magic Point Food Court (Level 1, door 10)is always open. And land-side on level 3 there are several options including Black Canyon which is open at 05:00. Air-side (level 3) there are quite a few places open, turning either left (towards D/B/C intersection) or right (towards D/E/F/G intersection). I always go left, and there is a longish counter serving food in the shopping corridor, while down at the D/B/C intersection there are ~ 5 places, incl. BK (no McD's in the airport AFAIK) open and serving breakfast items.

My experiences are quite different. I usually depart ~ 06:45 (once a month) and am air-aide ~ 5:15 (the TG lounge I use in concourse D opens at 05:15).

Land-side, the Magic Point Food Court (Level 1, door 10)is always open. And land-side on level 3 there are several options including Black Canyon which is open at 05:00. Air-side (level 3) there are quite a few places open, turning either left (towards D/B/C intersection) or right (towards D/E/F/G intersection). I always go left, and there is a longish counter serving food in the shopping corridor, while down at the D/B/C intersection there are ~ 5 places, incl. BK (no McD's in the airport AFAIK) open and serving breakfast items.

I did say "almost" so thanks for the update. I will keep those spots in mind for the next red-eye special. I am not a McD's fan btw, just mentioning that for all it's advertised 24-hourishness, it's not always the case.

I heard this rule is going or is already changed so its alowed to bring a small bottle with your handlugage again.

LIke before the us flying rules where there.

:rolleyes:

I'm not sure what time it opens, but there's a doughnut shop (Dunkin' Donuts?) on the basement level opposite the train station. There's also a Subway sandwich shop and another small restaurant. Maybe one of them opens early, since the trains start at 0600?

• 4 weeks later...

if i travel thai air, would i ever go past gates E and F? I have been travelling to Thailand reguarly since April, and have never seen Burger King at the airport. So maybe it is at a different gate to where I go.

at Domestic terminal, it is inside the foodcourt. double the prices as a regular BK, though.

at international terminal, I know the one on the far right end of the terminal. thanks god, on the way to there, you usually can find plenty of other - and more decent - eating options, so you don't need to surrender to junk-food rubbish :rolleyes:

If you have a microwave in your hotel room, then just buy a frozen CP type curry and rice and microwave that for breakfast. Not eggs and waffles but easy, quick, cheap and above all, guaranteed.

Prefer the Rang Mahal curries myself. Or a slice of pizza airside....even at 6am better than a curry. Yet the same place has a range of sandwiches which fits the bill even better. Turn right a minute before I think Dand E before the information stand. On the left. The place opposite is good for Thai food and has better coffee. ;)

• 2 months later...

Maybe he is American....

Chinese eat cats

Koreans dogs

Americans eat McDonalds

mmmmmm... cat :whistling:

I know you miss home, but macdonalds??? Just don't try the BK. I did and nearly threw up.

It might be worth mentioning the little food court in the middle of the 3rd (I think) floor...the one with all the restaurants. You can actually buy a Pad Grapow and a cup of coffee and get change from B100. The only down-side is that the food is not piping hot, but it is still good enough quality to pass as a meal.