Good Buffets In Chiang Mai

CMFubar

cheers.. anything a bit cheaper around tho? dont really want farang food.. there is a bbq place down the road from me i'm looking forward to trying out.

food just happens to be my second favourite thing in the world

Cheaper than 145 and near your house ? Will you be rolling the bbq back to your cardboard box to eat?

Try GRAND VIEW super high way 145Bt net farang food/Thai food/sussi/salads and deserts what could be better starts 11-30am:rolleyes:

Its a great buffet (all you can eat)every day day of the week at Grand View Hotel on the Super Highway . Or if you want a good seafood buffet try on a Sunday the Holiday Inn but its about 600baht a head without a discount card but you get lobster,crab and king prawns in the buffet(all you can eat)

Enjoy

Try The Empress Hotel,CNX. Special discount card available which you need to buy but the buffet is very nice at 180 baht. Same card you can use for a year and have unlimited guests. Good deal!

totally agree, a great buffet for the money, its gets a bit busy at the weekend but during the week its great.

cheers.. anything a bit cheaper around tho? dont really want farang food.. there is a bbq place down the road from me i'm looking forward to trying out.

food just happens to be my second favourite thing in the world

Cheaper than 145 and near your house ? Will you be rolling the bbq back to your cardboard box to eat?

Oh dear - not really called for. sad.gif

Oh dear - not really called for. sad.gif

CMFubar Quote :

"Love a good buffet.. espec when it's in rolling distance of my house."

I should think anything goes following such a post. And judging by the subsequent contributions most seem to agree. The OP says 145baht is too much so the next poster suggests 180baht. The next commends this suggestion and recommends one at 600baht. Oh dear!! Its such a ludicrous thread. It should be painlessly put down. Why I'm bothering to write this is most disturbing.

there is a 79 baht steak buffet on ched yod just opened just before the connecting road to canal road on the right hand side but you get what you pay for right ?.

The chips/french fries were rock hard the salad was terrible but the steak they cook fresh and put it in the pans but after i went back 6 times for beef they did not put anymore in and said they ran out.

He doesn't want farang food, so not much point in recommending it at any price.

Lots of Thai buffets around town under 145 Baht, but it would certainly help to know his location.

I know Khun Churn is vegetarian, but it's a great lunch buffet for 80 Baht.

Try The Empress Hotel,CNX. Special discount card available which you need to buy but the buffet is very nice at 180 baht. Same card you can use for a year and have unlimited guests. Good deal!

totally agree, a great buffet for the money, its gets a bit busy at the weekend but during the week its great.

You might want to call ahead and make a reservation. (must be good) only went once not sure but I think you can find more than enough Thai food to fill up.:rolleyes: I will return.

sorry everyone.. living just off Soi Chiang Khian, not too far from CMU. the bbq i've seen is on soi CK a decent way down.

thanks heaps for the suggestions so far.. but what's with the assumption I'm a bloke?! :bah:

I found 145b a touch pricey considering that I've had 99baht decent buffets in ther cities with both thai and farang food.

anything over 100b is 'special occasion' food and i like to eat, a lot, everyday ;)

sorry everyone.. living just off Soi Chiang Khian, not too far from CMU. the bbq i've seen is on soi CK a decent way down.

thanks heaps for the suggestions so far.. but what's with the assumption I'm a bloke?! :bah:

I found 145b a touch pricey considering that I've had 99baht decent buffets in ther cities with both thai and farang food.

anything over 100b is 'special occasion' food and i like to eat, a lot, everyday ;)

You pay whatever you like, no need to justify anything here.

go to the local market super with alot of the tester booth set up , totlaly free but limited choice . that the cheapest i can find for you , but need a really thick face to do it .

following the cheapest . there is moo kata thai style if the choice is limited you paid about 99baht . but you end up paying 20-30b for a bucket of ice and 30-40b a bottle of coke , so is not cheap also .

there is a thaistyle . rice noodle buffet all you can eat for 59baht with 5 different choice of sauce ,

i am a buffet person cos it allow you to enjoy a meal slowly and have fun especially when you are going with friends the last time i rejected a buffet idea of 399b head for a japanese buffet in bangkok i end up spending 4,900 for 8 person on some lousy jap food in fortune tower .

but in chaingmai if you like japanses food , go to one of those food store infront of the chiangmai uni gate . you can order tons of japanese food and be really full for about 150b - 200b usually me and my wife go eat there and we try to order alot but the bills is also around 300++

so to consider thai price . 150-200b is relaly not expensive at all .

i think there is a new place call bupa terrace there offering 79b buffet not such how the selection but only for lunch .

personally i feel that anything below 500b for 2 is cheap if i am going for buffet , if not i usually go to the road side store and ea two large bowl of noodle for 50b . and i am so full that i can barely walk .

following the cheapest . there is moo kata thai style if the choice is limited you paid about 99baht . but you end up paying 20-30b for a bucket of ice and 30-40b a bottle of coke , so is not cheap also .

One could always hang a plastic bag around their neck - hidden inside their shirt - and sip a soft drink through a long straw when no one is looking. :ph34r: