Nissan NV - LX-SLX-SL, whats the difference?

chiangrai

As far as I can recall they all do; the main difference is whether it is the old model (strictly 2 seater) or newer model (2 seater + 2 dwarfs with no legs). Other differences are automatic/manual and carburettor/injection, plus minor differences with the front lights.

Best bet if looking on the web if picture of engine P/steering tank is on the left just in front of the offside Macpherson strut, generally 2seat 94/95 LX no power, 96/98 SLX power LX some,97 on Queen Cab2+2 power(but a few early ones no power very rare).

o.k,thanks to those who replied

on an off shoot,a thai guy told me that

if ir doesn't have power steering that it can be installed,

antone know if this is true

Yes just need power rack , pump,reservoir, pipes and belts from a s/h parts dealer( to make it economically viable providing you have a good base vehicle to start with). 1 To do it properly the vehicle will have to be inspected at transport dept with letter from a dept approved installer stating roadworthyness, this may result in slight increase in road taxblink.gifwhich i presume they think you can pay as no more RedBull expenditurebiggrin.gif, 2 You don't bother and happilysmile.gif drive the vehicle even having it yearly checked at transport depthuh.gif but you will be unable to sell it onsad.gif unless mod is registered as in 1 or returned to non power.

As far as I can recall they all do; the main difference is whether it is the old model (strictly 2 seater) or newer model (2 seater + 2 dwarfs with no legs). Other differences are automatic/manual and carburettor/injection, plus minor differences with the front lights.

One other major difference, with respect, is the '5 door' estate (station wagon) version.

I am very interested in getting a good 2nd hand manual version of this.

They look good, would be practical for our family and, if anything like the pick-up, go and handle like the big Mini Cooper that British Leyland, in their corporate stupidity, never made.

Anyone any experience of such an NV? Any idea how much I'd have to pay? Never seen a 2nd hand one advertised, which may be a very good sign.

Yes just need power rack , pump,reservoir, pipes and belts from a s/h parts dealer( to make it economically viable providing you have a good base vehicle to start with). 1 To do it properly the vehicle will have to be inspected at transport dept with letter from a dept approved installer stating roadworthyness, this may result in slight increase in road taxblink.gifwhich i presume they think you can pay as no more RedBull expenditurebiggrin.gif, 2 You don't bother and happilysmile.gif drive the vehicle even having it yearly checked at transport depthuh.gif but you will be unable to sell it onsad.gif unless mod is registered as in 1 or returned to non power.

Are you 100% sure of that?

I may well be wrong, but as far as I was aware the annual road tax was based purely on vehicle type (number of doors, seats, etc) and engine type/size.

Are you 100% sure of that?

I may well be wrong, but as far as I was aware the annual road tax was based purely on vehicle type (number of doors, seats, etc) and engine type/size.

Thats why i put 'may 'not ' will' the100% word.

Thats why i put 'may 'not ' will' the100% word.

Sorry, I misunderstood "may". :wub:

I took it to mean that increasing your road tax was an option the transport department had which they "may" :unsure: exercise, rather than something which "may" or may not be correct.:giggle:

Just to clarify, fitting power steering doesn't alter the tax rate any more than fitting power windows does, nor does it make you unable to sell it or transfer ownership.:hit-the-fan: