Don'T Call Yourself Khun

saraburioz

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was just asking if you were Thai and then your name. It can also be the other way round "Tinklebell, are you Thai?" :

Oh, I see, that missing 'comma' had me confused. Sorry khun Saraburioz.

I thought the term 'Thai Tinkelbell' has some other meaning, silly me.

Thanks khun 'biff' for clearing thing up.:wai:

mai bpen rai khrap

The way it was written first 'are you Thai Tinklebell?' doesn't really need a comma. It can be confusing sometimes but we don't use the word 'khon' as in 'Thai people' to differentiate between things that are Thai and Thai people themselves. Just another confusion in pa sa Angrit :)

If it were me I would write in pa sa Angrit this way........" Are you Thai ? Tinkelbell " Kao-jai-ngai-kwua

Kob-kun ' khun biff' eek-krung ka:wai:

Actually Koon Tinkelbell, that would be grammatically incorrect.

BTW, I'd write karaoke language like this for "kawp khun 'khun Biff', eek khrang ka" - however, I'm not so sure if the trasliteration I use or Karaoke language should have a comma. Also, transliterating Thai for a German(for example) may be different from an Australian.

He was just asking if you were Thai and then your name. It can also be the other way round "Tinklebell, are you Thai?" :)

Oh, I see, that missing 'comma' had me confused. Sorry khun Saraburioz.

I thought the term 'Thai Tinkelbell' has some other meaning, silly me.

Thanks khun 'biff' for clearing thing up.:wai:

mai bpen rai khrap

The way it was written first 'are you Thai ?' doesn't really need a comma. It can be confusing sometimes but we don't use the word 'khon' as in 'Thai people' to differentiate between things that are Thai and Thai people themselves. Just another confusion in pa sa Angrit :)

If it were me I would write in pa sa Angrit this way........" Are you Thai ? Tinkelbell " Kao-jai-ngai-kwua

Kob-kun ' khun biff' eek-krung ka:wai:

...and you'd be wrong.

"Are you Thai,Tinklebell?" would be nearer the mark. Puuting the question mark after Thai ends the sentence leaving Tinklebell isolated.

BTW - The J.M. Barry character is Tinker Bell - "er not "le"THe "le" makes it difficult for native english speakers to pronounce to pronounce