Are Round Trip Airline Tickest Cheaper From Eu/Usa Than From Bkk?

selftaopath

Are airlines charging more to travel from Thailand to Europe or America than the reverse? If cost of living in Thailand is less than EU or USA it seems logical that air travel would follow suite. Is this your experience? My suspicion is that a round trip ticket can be purchased cheaper in the more developed world than Thailand. If this is true is this another way of gouging/government control/manipulation/ or monopoly?

just for example, why not input a fictitious date from a given US airport LAX to BKK on Delta.com and reverse the search to BKK to LAX to compare

your inquiry. Few month ago I was checking the departure pricing out of Bangkok to Honolulu on Delta and it was cheaper than from Hawaii to Bangkok

at that time. Now that the US dollar is barely 30, the difference may be more impacting.

I've gone back and forth many times. Sometimes originating in the US, sometimes here in Thailand. In the past, I found the price to be cheaper when leaving from here. But now, I don't see much of a difference. I just did a search for January and the difference was like $20. But prices are going up for sure....

We shall all have to get one way tickets back to our home countries and start the ticket from there. I will be doing this next time. Example- Bkk to Glasgow with Emirates is about 44,000 Baht. = £936.00 Glasgow to BKK = about £550 and have seen cheaper.

Wee Jimmy.

That is a huge difference. I think the USA/BKK route is dominated by a few large carriers. You Europeans are lucky as you have many more options, especially as direct flights are available and many new budget carriers are starting service. Not so with the US, unless you consider the over priced Thai Airways flight to LAX...which gets in so late you can't make any connections. I've flown this route for years and have noticed differences in prices...but not as large as that. Lucky for you guys!!! :)

Always cheaper from home, more competition and for those who say that it the strength of the Baht, then it should make it cheaper but it dont, the prices are kept artificailly higher here. I wonder how/why that is? There is a cartel in oil called OPEC, surely not? Route operation accreditation, surely not? Thai Logic over western Logic? That must be the answer but then I cant work out Thai Logic, get your ticket from your home base.

Always cheaper from France or UK than from Bkk. Probably the same thing for any other destination in Europe. But WHY? Some said competition but if you have competition between airlines going to Bkk, you should obviously have the same competition between the same airlines leaving from Bkk. So Why?

Anyway it's worth getting a single ticket to go to europe and to pay for return tickets from your home base to go to Thailand at the condition to travel at least once a year (otherwise return ticket no longer available).

That's pretty much so for tickets exUSA to BKK than it is going east from here.

It's not government controls at all, just "good" business. There's a whole lot more competition for the paying customer in the U.S. than there is exBKK, thus the prices get beaten down.

Mac

It appears Land of Scams (LOS) does not allow much competition. There is a different kind of democracy here than elsewhere.

Travelocity offers great prices for travel. They currently offer round trip tickets from Honolulu, Hawaii, USA for $ 768. Their "sister" companies located out of USA also offer discount tickets. But guess what!!!!!???? Are they allowed to do business in this country????? LOL . I believe you guessed correctly.

This kind of control frosts my you know whats. GEEZE