Pointers Appreciated

jsflynn603

My ticket is purchased, and I'll be a Chiang Mai visitor for about three months arriving at the beginning of December.

I arrive around midnight here and have a few questions in case anyone cares to give me a pointer here or via the system.

Do taxi's run that late at night at the airport?

How much will it cost to take one into the City, and what is an appropriate tip?

Will I be able to exchange let's say, $50US for Baht that late?

Any suggestions about a guesthouse (or hotel) that is priced at less than $20/night (600฿) comfortable and quiet (if that is possible) and located in a good part of the city for a rank newbie?

Any suggestions of a good rental agent to use looking for a three month rental at 12,000฿ or less per month?

Any other suggestions that would be useful will be gratefully accepted.

Thanks.

1) Do taxi's run that late at night at the airport? Yes, they have their own fixed price, somewhat overpriced taxis (120 baht in the daytime?) so a tip is probably not necessary. 2)Will I be able to exchange let's say, $50US for Baht that late? My guess is yes - easily - but never take anything so important for granted in Thailand. Normally, only Thai baht is used in Thailand.

3) Any suggestions about a guesthouse (or hotel) that is priced at less than $20/night (600฿) comfortable and quiet (if that is possible) and located in a good part of the city for a rank newbie? There are many, but maybe the Lai Thai or Top North Guest house and then look around for something better? The Gap House has a good reputation and meets your requirements, but may - or may not - be a little more expensive.

4) Any suggestions of a good rental agent to use looking for a three month rental at 12,000฿ or less per month? I'm not sure about that one, but doing it yourself after you arrive might be cheaper. "High season" is not likely to be that high this year, so a reasonable rent should be easy to find .

Edited by Ulysses G.