Korat To Chiang Mai

junki3korean

The direct bus route is really the only option; it takes about 10-12 hours (not sure of the exact details). Otherwise you can go Jazzbo's route, with a few hours on the bus, the hassle of crossing Bangkok, and a flight.

Doesn't the bus pass close to Don Muang ?

check Happy Air ... I think they have started flights from Korat to Chiang Mai ... but I do know they have flights now from Korat to Bangkok but I heard they do not always fly because of poor bookings and their website doesn't seem to be working either

check Happy Air ... I think they have started flights from Korat to Chiang Mai ... but I do know they have flights now from Korat to Bangkok but I heard they do not always fly because of poor bookings and their website doesn't seem to be working either

Happy air went Tits up before it got of the ground .

Happy air went Tits up before it got of the ground .

I'm not sure everyone will understand "tits up" either although this may help.

http://www.phrases.o...ngs/385050.html

Since getting a Thai gf I've got used to seeing these problems in advance. Standard English is bad enough.

The direct bus route is really the only option; it takes about 10-12 hours (not sure of the exact details). Otherwise you can go Jazzbo's route, with a few hours on the bus, the hassle of crossing Bangkok, and a flight.

Doesn't the bus pass close to Don Muang ?

C.M. bus does not go near Don Muang.Bus to and from Korat passes Don Muang , but does not stop there. 3Options. 1. Sleeper train from C.M. to Bkk.,Train to Korat. 2.Bus from C.M. to Mochit , bus to Korat. 3.Plane from C.M. ,plane to Korat. Or a combination of any that suits you.

C.M. bus does not go near Don Muang.Bus to and from Korat passes Don Muang , but does not stop there. 3Options. 1. Sleeper train from C.M. to Bkk.,Train to Korat. 2.Bus from C.M. to Mochit , bus to Korat. 3.Plane from C.M. ,plane to Korat. Or a combination of any that suits you.

Korat to Bangkok buses do stop at Don Muang Airport if requested whilst on route, mind you the last time I did this the drop off point was about a 15 minute walk from the departure building. However still better than coming back from Mo Chit. (If you ask at the ticket desk they say no but the drivers always do stop if asked.)

HL :D

If cost is no problem than a taxi from Korat to the airport and fly up. I have taken the bus. I would not recommend the day bus as it is not comfortable for a 10 hour trip. Could be 12 hours if there are many stops.

But the Nokair VIP night bus was excellent. It has seats like first class in a airplane and even masagers built into the seats. You can sleep in comfort. I think the cost was about 500 baht one way.

Korat to Bangkok buses do stop at Don Muang Airport if requested whilst on route, mind you the last time I did this the drop off point was about a 15 minute walk from the departure building. However still better than coming back from Mo Chit. (If you ask at the ticket desk they say no but the drivers always do stop if asked.)

They DO NOT stop at Don Muang.The delightful B/I/B., take a very dim view of such antics.They may stop well short of the airport, while in the 6 lane road, but will NOT stop at the airport itself. The nearest legal stop is at RANGSIT.from where you can get a meter taxi to the airport. Much quicker and cheaper than going right through to Mochit.

They DO NOT stop at Don Muang.The delightful B/I/B., take a very dim view of such antics.They may stop well short of the airport, while in the 6 lane road, but will NOT stop at the airport itself. The nearest legal stop is at RANGSIT.from where you can get a meter taxi to the airport. Much quicker and cheaper than going right through to Mochit.

Like I said before , they do stop at the airport if you ask while on route. I speak from experience as I have done this on more than one occasion.

If time isn't an issue, Take the train!

Nakorn Rathasima to Ayuttaya then transfer to a North bound into Chiangmai.

I spent few hours waiting in Ayuttaya for the Northbound connection.

It also works in reverse, BUT if the train from Chiangmai is running late, it is hit or miss to get the connection to Nakorn Ratchasima in Ayuttaya.

Thanks for all the options guys.......

I guess I must head to Don Muang, Rdrokit where is the Bus terminal in Korat to get the night V.I.P??

It's the new bus station on highway 2 heading to Khon Kaen just before you get to Mikro. You can buy a ticket ahead of time.

You can take a train from the main train station in Bangkok. The cost of a sleeper room is 1000 Baht first class, or you can go second class and have a bunk bed in the sleeper car for less. All with air con. The trains leave Bangkok starting at 7PM and arrive Chiang Mai about 12 hrs later. Here is the website to plan your trip.

http://www.thailandbytrain.com/RailIntro.html

Barry

You can take a train from the main train station in Bangkok. The cost of a sleeper room is 1000 Baht first class, or you can go second class and have a bunk bed in the sleeper car for less. All with air con. The trains leave Bangkok starting at 7PM and arrive Chiang Mai about 12 hrs later. Here is the website to plan your trip.

http://www.thailandbytrain.com/RailIntro.html

Barry

Why go into Bangkok, just transfer in Ayuttaya....... :lol: