Cell Signal Boost/Extender?

joe84330

for home use. anyone have any recommendations? been using dtac here for years and i don't want to switch providers and even more importantly, don't want to switch homes. tucked into a small cove though so signal drops regularly, many times it shows my calls bouncing off of a tower on koh phangan just to call someone on samui. hoping for another option rather than just standing on my front porch...

i used a external antenna which dramatically improoved the GSM Recieption ... but this was back in germany .. many years ago,

i didnt see this kind of this devices for quite some years now.

i would be interested alot in this too ... isnce i have a really bad mix-up of signales here at my condo resulting in "no Service" almost all the time

i used a external antenna which dramatically improoved the GSM Recieption ... but this was back in germany .. many years ago,

i didnt see this kind of this devices for quite some years now.

i would be interested alot in this too ... isnce i have a really bad mix-up of signales here at my condo resulting in "no Service" almost all the time

I used one here for a few years. Otherwise we had to go 500m down the road. Next to the old tree would be people parked making calls. Worked vary well as then I had a choice of towers I could hit. Had it on a 5m staff. Its a yagi ant. look like a small TV ant. Now I have a AIS tower right next door so it became obsolete and I sold it to a home farther out. My old phone could un screw the stub ant on the phone and connect the cable - got everything from a Dtac shop about 2000 baht at the time.

I've got a friend who sets up GSM signal boosters, it's his job.

They are a bit more complicated than the "Yagi on a pole" solution, but they basically guarantee good signal to multiple mobile phone users from anywhere in your home - no plugging your phone into an antennae required :)

Send me a PM if you are interested.