Paypal: Got Refund From A Company, Account Shows 'Completed' But Not Added To My Credit, Is This Normal ?

bangkokcitylimits

Got a $240 refund from a company, does PayPal keep it a few days, like they do with transfer from my bank ?

I seriously wonder, because the account info show's 'completed'. Nothing is 'completed' ! I don't read that this takes a few days before added to my credit, like I they do when I transfer something from my bank.

Does PayPal have a bad reputation ? never heard about this.

Thanks

Was the credit card a Thai bank card or webcard from a Thai bank?

My PayPal is backed by a European bankaccount.

someting else, <deleted> why they show this insane information already for years, (after you click on 'contact') ??? you just can't get trough, when either clicking on 'contact' or 'help' you keep getting this dead end link.

cap030p.png

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

No experience with Thai PayPal, but past refunds to my UK PP account have appeared instantly backed up by an automated email stating that the refund has been processed.

Even when I funded from my bank or Visa card the refund only got as far as my PP account, getting it back into the bank was a separate process.

Do you have confirmation from the company that they have actually processed your refund through PayPal?

if money was taken from paypal account, then the refund will be seen immediately on your paypal account.

if money was taken from credit card, then money will be refund on the credit card and thus not visible in paypal account.

if money was taken from paypal account, then the refund will be seen immediately on your paypal account.

if money was taken from credit card, then money will be refund on the credit card and thus not visible in paypal account.

It was a refund from a serious company.

In the meanwhile did I found more detailed information in my PayPal account, regarding this transaction. It says that it is 'on hold' (although it has been received from the refunding party, but they do that sometimes to take the interest)

However, on october 4th last week I got another refund of $49 from a service provider, the same, it never appeared in my balance and still is 'on hold' for already 7 days.

Is that normal ?

Btw, my PayPal account is still registered in Europe, on the address of a friend, as they simply don't have the option to change the country in profile settings. Their 0900 serviceline is a paid number (they don't even mention the country this number belongs to, perhaps it's US ????) that I cannot call from here using Skype etc. Muy complicado !