Are You Feeling Bad About Your Tv Screen Name

ThePunPun

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's to stop people from just using an unknown poster's nick with 100 posts?

A.='s Nothing to stop them at all...... if thats the kind of person they are.....then so be it....

Unless they happen to trip into using a name of someone that may have come in prior.

They could really do it without much difficulty, But the real problem would rest within themselves..... they may just like it and want to return and return maybe again.....n little by little you would get to know them.... but ;under a lie....... to me it wouldn't be worth it....

No this entire thread is just to vent my not understanding why some people are that way. Nothing wrong with screen names, We all have them, but not wanting anyone to know it , even in order to gain a much COVETED [by themselves] miniscule discount is just a study in human nature..... It does in fact, take all kinds.

A.='s Nothing to stop them at all...... if thats the kind of person they are.....then so be it....

Unless they happen to trip into using a name of someone that may have come in prior.

They could really do it without much difficulty, But the real problem would rest within themselves..... they may just like it and want to return and return maybe again.....n little by little you would get to know them.... but ;under a lie....... to me it wouldn't be worth it....

No this entire thread is just to vent my not understanding why some people are that way. Nothing wrong with screen names, We all have them, but not wanting anyone to know it , even in order to gain a much COVETED [by themselves] miniscule discount is just a study in human nature..... It does in fact, take all kinds.

Just hang on mate, the entire TV membership will be along shortly, with their real names to end your agony.

Just hang on mate, the entire TV membership will be along shortly, with their real names to end your agony.

with a few exceptions of course. i'm with john on this one. i don't care but it is interesting to figure out. i think he touched a nerve with those that have something to hide. alter-egos? bull-shitters? cowards? trolls? plenty of reasons. didnt they give out name-tags at tv parties? i wonder how many didnt go because of that.

Hi. My name DaengSuai69 but you can call KawTot.

I m 26 and live my mom in Lamphong.

Work very hard in factory so not have much much time to look kind man.

R u good man? I m good girl. Like music, danse, to singing and reading TV.

I not like to party and no want the LIE!!!

PM me only If you give tru love from the heart.

Bugger... wrong forum... sorry... sorry

Edited by kawtot

with a few exceptions of course. i'm with john on this one. i don't care but it is interesting to figure out. i think he touched a nerve with those that have something to hide. alter-egos? bull-shitters? cowards? trolls? plenty of reasons. didnt they give out name-tags at tv parties? i wonder how many didnt go because of that.

What's to hide, maybe they want to steer clear of loons obsessed with real names? wink.gif

What's in a name? That which we call uptheos by any other name would smell as sweet.

Is this thread directed at me then?

I knew the discount thing would make me a marked man. cool.gif

Noticed at last. wink.gif

Edited by uptheos

What's to hide, maybe they want to steer clear of loons obsessed with real names? wink.gif

did i strike a nerve too? which loon is obsessed? i said i'm just interested, john said he's trying to understand why people are secretive - a study in human nature. touchy subject for some. nice one.

What's in a name? That which we call uptheos by any other name would smell as sweet.

@uptheos

I thought it was quite a pleasant reference.

===================================

Plonk any name in there to see my point.

This is one of those topics where the OP is asking the wrong people: if someone chooses to be anonymous, the request in unlikely to change their behaviour and "flush them out". Other posters will either jump on the bandwagon, or take the pyss.

Have a look at psych, particularly group dynamics, to better understand human behaviour in this context.

did i strike a nerve too? which loon is obsessed? i said i'm just interested, john said he's trying to understand why people are secretive - a study in human nature. touchy subject for some. nice one.

Not touchy at all, in fact I'm finding this quite interesting and hope it continues for a while.smile.gif

However, it would be more useful if someone other than me could respond, otherwise it's all a bit meaningless don't you think, considering how many people have screen names.

'A study in human nature'......is that John or Jung.....my 10 cents is, stick to Chicken Fried Steak. wink.gif

@uptheos

I thought it was quite a pleasant reference.

===================================

Plonk any name in there to see my point.

This is one of those topics where the OP is asking the wrong people: if someone chooses to be anonymous, the request in unlikely to change their behaviour and "flush them out". Other posters will either jump on the bandwagon, or take the pyss.

Have a look at psych, particularly group dynamics, to better understand human behaviour in this context.

I realised it was a pleasantry, but it seemed a good opportunity to ask.smile.gif

Oh the bandwagon thing often rolls along here.....nothing new about that.

Not touchy at all, in fact I'm finding this quite interesting and hope it continues for a while.smile.gif

However, it would be more useful if someone other than me could respond, otherwise it's all a bit meaningless don't you think, considering how many people have screen names.

'A study in human nature'......is that John or Jung.....my 10 cents is, stick to Chicken Fried Steak. wink.gif

everyone has a screen name, but most arent unwilling to reveal their real name in a social setting. i'd say you were one of those that went to punpun and didnt give your name. you doth protest too loudly. just a guess. nice one.

not really , 10% discount do not impress me a bit and as a pro consumer . i do not feel the need of discount that , i offen ask for discount if i feel is expensive , but i seldom ask for discount when it come to food .

plus if i go to your place to have any meal , it would be out of my way already so .

if anyone really wan tot meet me why not let have a moo kata session :)

i will be more happy to meet up :)

pardon for seeing this tread so late seem like is dedicated to me .

OK guys and gals I have to leave it there as I need to be somewhere before 8pm.

Happy to have you vent your frustrations at me tomorrow - I know it's tough in the catering trade.

Lots of screenies might come out of the closet by then.

Enjoy Sam's show. smile.gifwink.gif

everyone has a screen name, but most arent unwilling to reveal their real name in a social setting. i'd say you were one of those that went to punpun and didnt give your name. you doth protest too loudly. just a guess. nice one.

Hey Othello.....you're a bit of a Poirot on sly aren't you.........you devil. wink.gif

>>everyone has a screen name, but most arent unwilling to reveal their real name in a social setting.

I agree, When I meet people around, if and when the question of " do you know TV" or whatever, I immediately say who I am.

Another reason people don't use their real name is due to invasive nature of social networking networks, along with google and other search engines keeping a record of everything said about, or done by you at someone's fingertips. Probably most people have nothing to hide, but I'd say most everyone doesn't want some random nut that comes into your restaurant to do a quick online search and discover you come from wherever, are divorced with 4 kids and owe a lot of money back home etc..

In case you weren't aware, online privacy is a huge issue around the world.

Hey Othello.....you're a bit of a Poirot on sly aren't you.........you devil. wink.gif

it was hamlet. arent you late for the quiz?

I always noticed that the real creepy attack-posters would go to the FREE Thai Visa parties and sit all by themselves and do their best hide their name tags. They could not resist the FREE ribs and beer, but, did not want to be recognized. :D

Edited by Ulysses G.

:jap:

Might be no one else feels the need to hide behind a monitor as much as you do.

B)

I always noticed that the real creepy attack-posters would go to the FREE Thai Visa parties and sit all by themselves and do their best hide their name tags. They could not resist the FREE ribs and beer, but, did not want to be recognized. :D

So you recognised me, Ewe Gee?

And here I was thinking no-one noticed the wallflower. The free beer and ribs were so good it was worth the risk. Ho hum.

i try so hard to go to one of those thai visa dinner , but i miss two of it due to importance project .

i did went down to the go kart where i met MM , BB , Austhaied , PB and a few other guys , and also once at tusker where i think i saw Thaipauly i think .

pardon me if i forget some of the name .

i recall BB and MM as cos their special during that day MM is really a impressive happy man and a real deal :) as for BB is one exciting guy that you would now want to miss a out knowing . and Austhaied is just someone who how you a what being truthful and friendly meant :)

would be nice if we have a chnage to go for moo kata or something .

:)

not sure if i met gonzo .

i did met some of the guys whom try to start some kinda debate session and after afew session i think he express that i am not really welcome or did i misunstand him whhahahaa

anyway any debate session would be nice :) i wonder where those nice guy went .

alway love to meet more people.

i will wear a name tag if it make you guys happy .

So is your offer not going well, or people who say they are members simply won't give?

Anyway, who gives a fuc_k. Loads of people here know who I am, but I wouldn't come to your gaff and notify my screen name for a discount - not for fear of the one I upset knowing who I am, or similar - but for the fact that it's all a bit childish and pithy. Not unlike being in the Red Hand Gang, I suspect. I'd prefer to pay full price than have to indulge in an awkward moment and blight part of my day. :whistling:

if someone is feeling bad or embarrassed about their TV persona then I doubt they are really going to level with you in here.

Why don't you offer a "code" word that if TV readers give then they get a discount. You could change the word every few weeks. Might be a nice promotion.

The non shy members might offer their Nicknames but the Code would shield those that don't want to mention their persona.

Good idea?