Departure Card Missing

Should be no issue, did it myself in the past and worried all the way to the airport, pick up a new card from the racks near immigration and fill it in (lose the arrival portion).

You may want to tell the officer that you've lost the original before he asks why the numbers don't match with your arrival record.

I had really big problems when I lost mine. I had to go to the airport and get a copy before I could extend my retirement visa. It took hours. I suggest you get to the airport three hours before your flight just in case they make you get a new one which might take some time

If you are exiting the country it is not an issue and dont worry

However if you wanna extend a visa you have to file a police report at a local police station about the missing card than go to immigration with the form you got from the police pay 1000 Baht to get a new one before you finally can apply for the extension

Went through this last weeksad.gif

Edited by klauswernst198

• 2 months later...

I found a few old threads and the consensus was to show up at the airport and fill out a new card. I know a hotel lost mine but they insist they didn't and that they didn't photocopy arrival and departure card, which seems unusual for a 5 star hotel to not photocopy said documents.

Hotels are not required to photocopy any details in your passport but many do. They must, however, report details from your passport to immigration with the form TM.30, including the "Arrival card TM.No.", meaning the departure card stapled in your passport. If the hotel retains a copy of this report it should be able to look up and give you these details in case of loss of your passport or departure card.

hi,

i lost one once and all that happened was the thai immigration man at the check point looked up my name on the computer and found out my original number then we filled in another card - crossed off one number and hand wrote my original one in.

all i would do if i were you is to get another card and fill as much of it in as you can cross off the number and tell the man as your exiting.

good luck,

chris