Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

When you've hit the redline on the Honda thumper the Ninjette, with its high revving twin still has plenty more rpms for you to play with. thumbsup.gif

Yup.

The Honda has more power under 9000rpm, where there ninjette is gutless and more than a bit of a dog.

Then the roles are reversed.

It's probably why many ninjette owners need to change the gearing just so they can be comfortable while cruising, without the high RPM buzzes and noises.

I'm guessing you've never ridden a Kawsaki Ninja 250R and are just making this up as you go along.

You're actually quite wrong. The CB'r' has a tiny bit more torque than the Ninjette.

0.9 Nm to be exact.

The CB'r' 250 puts out 22.9 Nm Torque at 8000 rpm and generates a bit more torque than the Ninja 250R with 22 Nm Torque at 8200 rpm.

But since the CB'r' weighs more and suffers a BIG horsepower deficit it's no wonder it always gets left way behind at the starting line.

And once you're into the meat of the power band the 33Hp of the Ninjette will leave the poor 26.4 Hp CB'r' in its dust.

That said, the CB'r' is a fine choice for noob riders, riders who can't afford the Ninjette, or people who are hopelessly addicted to all things Honda passifier.gif

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rattley?

I've highsided my Ninjette and it's still quiet 3 years later; I don't know where your comment came from...

That's what they say, at high way speed the ninjette is more noisy/rattley/buzzy than the Honda.

Honda CB'r' 250 and "High Speed" really don't belong in the same sentence. Only way the CB'r' is going to go fast is if the Ninjette gives it a push wink.png

Seems the CBR did okay in the US Superstock racing, where it waxed every ninja in sight... repeatedly... but never mind eh.

Hehehoho! It IS you! Where ya been dude? Your new name is so appropriate! Keep pouring the coolaid bro; there are a few suckers still drinking it! coffee1.gif

But since the CB'r' weighs more

You don't really know what you're talking about, eh? passifier.gif

Let's just hope you know more about all the Bargirls you talk of riding than the motorbikes. You might get a handful of sausage.

And once you're into the meat of the power band the 33Hp of the Ninjette will leave the poor 26.4 Hp CB'r' in its dust.

How much of that 33HP is lost en route to the back wheel, where it matters, again?

Edited by strollling

Ya know, some people like CBR's, some don't. Some like Ninjette, some don't. Some think that anyone who has anything smaller than 650cc is somehow less than a "real" man. Some people like Fords, some like Chevy, and some swear by MoPar.

WHO THE HELL CARES??? We buy our bikes based on our like, and our needs, NOT what our neighbors think. Both 250's, CBR & Kow, have their pros and their cons. But this constant childish b.s. of "my bike is better than your bike" reminds me of a bunch of 1st or 2nd graders with the "my dad can beat up your dad" routine.

if you have something worthwhile to contribute, fine, but if all you can do is sit around and talk crap about one and praise the other, go tell it to your priest, monk, or someone that might actually give a schits! Good thing I'm not a mod, because if I was, all this childish, B.S. trash talk would never see "light of day".

There are some who SERIOUSLY need to grow up and find a life!

Ya know, some people like CBR's, some don't. Some like Ninjette, some don't. Some think that anyone who has anything smaller than 650cc is somehow less than a "real" man. Some people like Fords, some like Chevy, and some swear by MoPar.

WHO THE HELL CARES??? We buy our bikes based on our like, and our needs, NOT what our neighbors think. Both 250's, CBR & Kow, have their pros and their cons. But this constant childish b.s. of "my bike is better than your bike" reminds me of a bunch of 1st or 2nd graders with the "my dad can beat up your dad" routine.

if you have something worthwhile to contribute, fine, but if all you can do is sit around and talk crap about one and praise the other, go tell it to your priest, monk, or someone that might actually give a schits! Good thing I'm not a mod, because if I was, all this childish, B.S. trash talk would never see "light of day".

Ain't it FUN! clap2.gif

Live to Ride! Ride to Live!

T bikeday_smilie.gif

Ain't it FUN! clap2.gif

Live to Ride! Ride to Live!

T bikeday_smilie.gif

Hehehoho! It IS you! Where ya been dude? Your new name is so appropriate! Keep pouring the coolaid bro; there are a few suckers still drinking it! coffee1.gif

You should go to sleep earlier if you want to be fit in the kindergarten tomorrow.

You should go to sleep earlier if you want to be fit in the kindergarten tomorrow.

Stick a pickle in it Cornichon ;)

When you grow up maybe you can ride a real bike too! passifier.gif

Ride On!

T

to update the thread with real info

honda warranty is 5 years and 50,000 on the engine and 3 years on the other parts

not too shabby compared to kawasaki miserable 2 years

Interwisting.

I suppose I was wrong as I never needed to look. And no doubt I never will.

Go CBR250R, the best bike its class, and market leader around the World, not to mention the Superstock Racing series! :)

nonsense started again.

my dick is bigger then yours. But, according to my life time experience, the guy who shouts more has the smallest dick:)

guys, both these bikes are nice. Whoever own one of these is a happy owner.

cbr is less expensive and torquey, ninja is stronger on hp and high end but 50 percent expensive. Actually, different bikes from each other except both is 250 cc. hard to compare them if you ask me.

But, if you ask me cbr has more of a street fighter kind of bike character then track slicer kawa which this is why i bought honda.

But, some of you guys, blending your egos with bikes again.

Like, are you the f...ing owners of Honda or Kawasaki or do you get paid for free advertisement guys? If they are not paying you, then you are working for <deleted>..ing free for them man.

You act like , it is your fathers' company guys, please you look funny.

just back to the thread, huh? There is another thread for Honda vs Kawa

Edited by loserlazer

nonsense started again.

my dick is bigger then yours. But, according to my life time experience, the guy who shouts more has the smallest dick:)

cbr is less expensive and torquey, ninja is stronger on hp and high end but 50 percent expensive. Actually, different bikes from each other except both is 250 cc. hard to compare them if you ask me.

But, if you ask me cbr has more of a street fighter kind of bike character then track slicer kawa which this is why i bought honda.

Like, are you the f...ing owners of Honda or Kawasaki or do you get paid for free advertisement guys? If they are not paying you, then you are working for <deleted>..ing free for them man.

Well said! I wonder if BigBike is working for Kawa?

nonsense started again.

Well said! Both great bikes and an apples and oranges comparison- I just like to inject an occasional dose or REALITY for the guys who think the Honda CB'r' 250 is the greatest bike on the planet.

A good cheap economical easy to ride thumper? Yes!

A Ninja 250 killer? Not by a long shot.

As long as it puts a smile on your face you've chosen the right bike! Anyone who gets their panties in a twist because someone disses your bike on a silly forum is a bit insecure IMO.

Live to Ride, Ride to Live!

T

ps, my next bike will be a HONDA! clap2.gif (But NOT a CB'r' 250!) thumbsup.gif

Edited by BigBikeBKK

nonsense started again.

Well said! Both great bikes and an apples and oranges comparison- I just like to inject an occasional dose or REALITY for the guys who think the Honda CB'r' 250 is the greatest bike on the planet.

As long as it puts a smile on your face you've chosen the right bike! Anyone who gets their panties in a twist because someone disses your bike on a silly forum is a bit insecure IMO.

T

So you are going to get the crf then .......lol

nonsense started again.

T

So you are going to get the crf then .......lol

Nope- already have a KLX 350 that I'm very happy with. I'm not interested in any of the Hondas built in Thailand wai.gif

Here's a hint- Aspencade or Interstate thumbsup.gif

Ride On!

T

nonsense started again.

Yes.

My uncle is Takanobu Ito, Tony's uncle is Satoshi Hasegawa. And mbox's uncle is whoever owns Tiger....coffee1.gif

nonsense started again.

Yes.

My uncle is Takanobu Ito, Tony's uncle is Satoshi Hasegawa. And mbox's uncle is whoever owns Tiger....coffee1.gif

good to know who is who dave:)

and, yes big bike bkk, it is all about the smile on your face if it is about biking.

whoever pisses on my cbr, at the end, i really do not care as long as i like it and if i am smiling.:)

and, on bangkok streets, cbr is the bike for me. my fighter whoever says what, this is it.

and, on bangkok streets, cbr is the bike for me. my fighter whoever says what, this is it.

Yep, the CBR+ABS is the better bike for daily transport purposes. And now that the prices drop its the better value for money. I don't like the look of the CBR, but as long as there is no ABS option for the Ninjette i would prefer the CBR. Perfect for daily city chaos on slippy road conditions.

let's come to the thread:

I contacted with API Tech again and they told me to not bother myself driving to their shop as they have nothing working with cbr 250 - the shop owner said.

so, guys, do not waste your time and money with Api Tech ecu.

also, guys today i would like to buy a rear set today and i am thinking of "bikers" one as their products are best quality. I am using their products for nearly 4-5 months and no discolouration.

I have mostly bad experiences regarding after market rear sets before, they broke down, bed quickly or they are not that comfortable etc... But this time i want to move forward.

I tried it before on bikers shop and it is really tough.

And, it looks very good man, what do you think guys?

What do you think? Do you know another brand in Thailand ready to buy today-tomorrow better quality that this.

it is only 5000 thb with installation.

Please help man.

post-114750-0-69861700-1334907032_thumb.

post-114750-0-59165700-1334907045_thumb.

post-114750-0-62040400-1334907056_thumb.

post-114750-0-33568200-1334907066_thumb.

post-114750-0-33093000-1334907089_thumb.

post-114750-0-69988100-1334907132_thumb.

Edited by loserlazer

also, guys today i would like to buy a rear set today and i am thinking of "bikers" one as their products are best quality. I am using their products for nearly 4-5 months and discolouration.

I have mostly bad experiences regarding after market rear sets before, they broke down, bed quickly or they are not that comfortable etc... But this time i want to move forward.

I tried it before on bikers shop and it is really tough.

And, it looks very good man, what do you think guys?

What do you think? Do you know another brand in Thailand ready to buy today-tomorrow better quality that this.

it is only 5000 thb with installation.

Please help man.

We were wondering at the Bangkok Motor Show who on earth would put such tasteless gaudy crap on their bikes. I guess now we know... crazy.gif

There's a reason you NEVER see Bikers brand kitsch on track bikes.

If you want quality locally produced rearsets that will last take a look at Moth Racing / Club 517-

product2-20120331-113040.jpg

Edited by BigBikeBKK

From what I've heard you can take your Bikers stuff back should they lose the colouring and they'll redo them FoC.

exactly. they changed one part for me for nearly free. so, i will be never out of spare parts, it means no need to buy the whole unit again and again just for a small problematic part, just the spare one which is cool man.

Edited by loserlazer

haha it s me bigbikebkk.

But tasteless, i dont think so. anyway, cannot discuss on tastes and colors of the people, right.

Even though they are expensive, i like cosmetics man especially shiny aluminum stuff, i think lived in Thailand long years:)smile.png

I ll check moth racing But, their stuff is small man, i like something meaty and with more metal. It is cosmetic at the end so it needs to show itself:)

Look what bikers has done for er6n -and er6f as well, i think it is very nice man.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

post-114750-133490854363_thumb.jpg

post-114750-133490856134_thumb.jpg

post-114750-133490857556_thumb.jpg

Edited by loserlazer

bought bikers rear set today, could not hold myself:)

But, also bought front sprocket protector, stand holders and swingarm bar caps. Got two free bikers polo shirt for free :)

Shiny aluminum stuff hypnotize me always man. Cannot keep myself. Addictive.

Total damage is 8000 thb but worth every satang.

Rearset is very comfy and tough, lot s of metal but less heavier than the stock. 4 adjustment modes plus brake and clutch reach adjustment. Shifting is lighter now and rear brake lever has better feel. Besides, good ergonomy. Tucking is easier finally!

Looks good man. Liked sprocket protector, it shows the front sprocket in action.:):)

Why i bought the stand holders i dont know as i do not have a stand! :lol:I told you, i m addicted.:)

Looking for the right ecu, projector headlight, nice clip ons and some more led lighting near rear shock. No tailtidy thank you as even the stock one cannot keep up with bangkok rain and mud. my girl's back is always muddy after a rainy ride. People curse on my mom for sure man if i get one. But i like it:(

I m happy again.:) check the photos please.

And any ideas?

post-114750-133492943349_thumb.jpg

post-114750-133492944845_thumb.jpg

post-114750-133492946485_thumb.jpg

post-114750-133492947968_thumb.jpg

post-114750-133492949338_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13349295122_thumb.jpg

post-114750-133492952905_thumb.jpg

post-114750-133492955207_thumb.jpg

post-114750-133492957295_thumb.jpg

post-114750-133492958815_thumb.jpg

post-114750-133492960734_thumb.jpg

Do your CBRs pull off in gear with the kick stand down? I have nearly dropped my bike countless times due to riding off with my kick stand down. Think I need to see my dealer

there is not a kill switch on the stand of the cbr 250r (strange my cb400 from 20 years ago has one though )

your honda dealer is not responsible for your "countless" mistakes

bought bikers rear set today, could not hold myself:)

But, also bought front sprocket protector, stand holders and swingarm bar caps. Got two free bikers polo shirt for free smile.png

Shiny aluminum stuff hypnotize me always man. Cannot keep myself. Addictive.

Total damage is 8000 thb but worth every satang.

Rearset is very comfy and tough, lot s of metal but less heavier than the stock. 4 adjustment modes plus brake and clutch reach adjustment. Shifting is lighter now and rear brake lever has better feel. Besides, good ergonomy. Tucking is easier finally!

Looks good man. Liked sprocket protector, it shows the front sprocket in action.smile.pngsmile.png

Why i bought the stand holders i dont know as i do not have a stand! :lol:I told you, i m addicted.smile.png

Looking for the right ecu, projector headlight, nice clip ons and some more led lighting near rear shock. No tailtidy thank you as even the stock one cannot keep up with bangkok rain and mud. my girl's back is always muddy after a rainy ride. People curse on my mom for sure man if i get one. But i like it:(

I m happy again.smile.png check the photos please.

And any ideas?

what type of exhaust is that ? :D