Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

After reading all the pages here, with all the action that was going on, now it is a bit sad that its so quiet here.

Rainy season. We're all checking the weather forecast for when we can ride again :D:D

sent from my Wellcom A90+

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well right then.. is the CBR 250 worthy.. opinions.. I'm looking into buying this bike.. Any comments suggestion would be welcome.

I bought mine mid Jan. and ride every day; sometimes just for fun. I won't be taking it on long trips but it's great for around town. Here in Dallas the traffic is more open and spaced and you can't split lanes. In Bangkok I have an older 'carb' model CBR150 because it is light weight and easy to 'flick' between cars that are stopped close together yet retains full-sized motorcycle feel. If you live outside Bangkok, I very much recommend the CBR250. It has lots of pep and has good gas mileage (kilometerage?) hanling is easy and braking is sure and smooth. I have 15 years experience on larger bikes and am not disappointed with either CBR. Good luck.

p.s. maybe you should rent one for a week to see if you like the riding position first.

I can add my agreement to this with my first post. It is very nice bike. If you can find it at a dealer without the need to wait less than 130 000 just buy it.

I was in Mityon on Theprasit Road yesterday. There were two CBR250s with ABS on the showroom floor. Bt.111,000. They were one of the price-gouging dealerships for quite a while. Guess that's over for them, as supply has met demand.

I wonder if the dealers saw an opportunity to increase their margins while blaming inadequate supply on the 2011 floods? In any case the factory should have ramped up its production by now and the economy world wide is slowing. Should be more of a buyers market... Thats my theory anyway... :)

I can add my agreement to this with my first post. It is very nice bike. If you can find it at a dealer without the need to wait less than 130 000 just buy it.

I was in Mityon on Theprasit Road yesterday. There were two CBR250s with ABS on the showroom floor. Bt.111,000. They were one of the price-gouging dealerships for quite a while. Guess that's over for them, as supply has met demand.

I wonder if the dealers saw an opportunity to increase their margins while blaming inadequate supply on the 2011 floods? In any case the factory should have ramped up its production by now and the economy world wide is slowing. Should be more of a buyers market... Thats my theory anyway... smile.png

Nope.

The price-gouging predated the floods by months!

After reading all the pages here, with all the action that was going on, now it is a bit sad that its so quiet here.

Rainy season. We're all checking the weather forecast for when we can ride again biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

hahah, well said thaicbr.

still, i like riding under rain so never stop while it is raining and arrive home like a rat nearly everyday nowadaysbiggrin.png

It is really relaxing for me to ride under rain unlike our cold countries where you freeze under the it...

One of the good things about riding a bike; you are always aware of the forces of nature, rain, wind, snow etc and you are more connected to the environment unlike cages! You feel and smell every change on the road. I like it as i feel more free and connected to this world. A cage never provides it - except convertibles.

price of a new cbr 250 is around 105.000 thb and 117.000 thb with ABS at the dealers by Charan Sanitwong Road in Bangkok.

But, i checked it last month so if there is an increase, i am not sure but i do not think so.

But man, it is meaningless to buy a brand new one as second hand ones around 5000 - 10.000 km is going for 80.000 - 90.000 thb nowadays so just go for it. There is not other bike in Thai market can offer a better value/performance right now.

Edited by loserlazer

I know, this should probably go in the 150 forum, but it points out the durability of the Honda brand, and those with "CBR" decals on them in particular.

Left CNX, 6:00 am. Arrived in Nakon Sawan around 11:30 am. Stopped, ate, rested, on to Saraburi. Spent the night there. Next day drove to Samut Sakhon. 2 days there. SS to Udon, non stop, running 130 on the flats when possible. 2 days there. Up to Loei. 1 day. Then to Phitsanuloc, spent 2 days there. Back to CNX. Over 2,200 kilometers, running 125-130 for long stretches whenever possible. Never so much as "burp" from the bike. And that was on a 150. Durability like that is hard to come by.

Oh, and day after I got home, dropped it off at Honda and had ALL fluids drained and replaced, chain tightened and oiled, the off to get it washed.

Rainy season. We're all checking the weather forecast for when we can ride again biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

still, i like riding under rain so never stop while it is raining and arrive home like a rat nearly everyday nowadaysbiggrin.png

It is really relaxing for me to ride under rain unlike our cold countries where you freeze under the it...

One of the good things about riding a bike; you are always aware of the forces of nature, rain, wind, snow etc and you are more connected to the environment unlike cages! You feel and smell every change on the road. I like it as i feel more free and connected to this world. A cage never provides it - except convertibles.

price of a new cbr 250 is around 105.000 thb and 117.000 thb with ABS at the dealers by Charan Sanitwong Road in Bangkok.

But, i checked it last month so if there is an increase, i am not sure but i do not think so.

But man, it is meaningless to buy a brand new one as second hand ones around 5000 - 10.000 km is going for 80.000 - 90.000 thb nowadays so just go for it. There is not other bike in Thai market can offer a better value/performance right now.

I don't mind riding in the rain. But I don't like finishing work at 4pm then going to the 2nd job and getting wet.

:D:D:D:D

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

I don't mind riding in the rain. But I don't like finishing work at 4pm then going to the 2nd job and getting wet.

biggrin.pngbiggrin.png:D:D

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

One thing that's nice about riding in the rain is that there are less idiots to deal with on the road (most of the time). Bad thing about riding in the rain is cleaning up the bike and riding gear after the ride.

I have noticed a few used CBRs in that price range recently (advertized online)and I agree that its a great value :)

yeah, on the road bangkok commute during a hard rain, drivers get less pushy and slow.

But during the first minutes of the rain there is a hassle of finding a place to go under or the ones driving very fast to reach their home which can be dangerous sometime.

Besides, while talking about the rain, i need to mention, stock ircs of cbr250 handles surprisingly well and discs do not get greasy due to the water that much. cbr250 is a good bike to drive under the rain.

yeah, on the road bangkok commute during a hard rain, drivers get less pushy and slow.

But during the first minutes of the rain there is a hassle of finding a place to go under or the ones driving very fast to reach their home which can be dangerous sometime.

Besides, while talking about the rain, i need to mention, stock ircs of cbr250 handles surprisingly well and discs do not get greasy due to the water that much. cbr250 is a good bike to drive under the rain.

And yesterday and today was driving in the rain time.... for me. This morning was time for ksr 150 ( 2 of them) to show me that they are faster than cbr 250 , funny and sad at the same time. The second one was smoking badly at the traffic light when I reached them hahah.

Edited by Nebula

Anyone know where i could get a Leo Vince ONE EVO II CARBON SLIP-ON exhaust supplied in thailand, I've been trying the US based online companies but having difficulties trying to pay with a credit card issued outside of the states.

Interesting you should ask. That's the pipe I'm interested.

The baffler meets EU noise legalities, is reportedly not much louder than stock in dB level, but much deeper, and it gets good reviews.

Looks like the best pipe out there for those of us who don't want obnoxiously loud granny-frighteners.

I'd be interested in any replies.

btw, Tom from Biohazard in the US has great prices, will also address it to a Thai, stick a print out of your address in Thai on it and mark it as a personal gift. Which might help with customs if you order one from there.

Edited by EmptyBasementBin

This morning was time for ksr 150 ( 2 of them) to show me that they are faster than cbr 250 , funny and sad at the same time.

But did they kick out a leg, spread out their knees, or wiggle their ass at you to show you that they've 'won'? :D

I can't actually imagine being that little. huh.png

But hey, TiT.

This morning was time for ksr 150 ( 2 of them) to show me that they are faster than cbr 250 , funny and sad at the same time.

But did they kick out a leg, spread out their knees, or wiggle their ass at you to show you that they've 'won'? biggrin.png

I can't actually imagine being that little. huh.png

But hey, TiT.

It wasnt exactly like we started a race, but the first one who was in front of me, sped up after I started coming near, which was already 140km/h, and then abit later when i slowed down a bit another one tried to show muscles and he was the one that had lots of smoke later coming out of its exhaust. Last week was NSR that showed its speed. I guess cbr250 can beat them only in mountains haha

I guess cbr250 can beat them only in mountains haha

It depends on the driver.

Is going through congested, unpredictable and dangerous traffic at 140kph just so you can gloat to somebody on a bigger bike worth it or not.

Fortunately I don't have any real ego issues so for me it isn't.

Seems that lots of Thais though....

I guess cbr250 can beat them only in mountains haha

It depends on the driver.

Is going through congested, unpredictable and dangerous traffic at 140kph just so you can gloat to somebody on a bigger bike worth it or not.

Fortunately I don't have any real ego issues so for me it isn't.

Seems that lots of Thais though....

No ego issues for me too, I usually enjoy when people try to race,if smaller bike fun to see it trying, if bigger, i enjoy seeing it, they are beauties.

With big bikes I always pull over to let them through, relax, and enjoy the sight of a bigger bike as we cruise along.

Seems that most Thais with a bigger bike (with the exception of cheap,cooked 20 year old 50,000thb CB400s etc) don't feel the need to risk death just to gloat and feel good in themselves.

In heavy traffic I pull aside and let them through if there's a scooter or similar right behind me thinking he has a point to prove. When the traffic lightens I drive normally which usually means over taking them. They usually don't take it very well.

• 1 month later...

This Cbr thread is quiet for long. I just read what Karlos said ab his chain so I decided to share here. 3 days ago, when braking at low speed, I was feeling some kind of vibration, or /and resistance with my foot on the brake. I m not sure what other word can I use... also if I m not wrong, only when engaging the clutch there was similar tension but not so often...anyway, I was feeling like the brake dont bite and there s something going on with it. I took it to small shop, a branch of a bigger one where I usually go, since I knew the manager there speaks very well in english.

I explained, she translated, the mechanic rode around, and coming back he said its normal, have to shift faster and so on. Ok, I agree, but this started just 2 days ago. So I told her , something is wrong but since I know nothing about bikes what could it be, big issue small or nothing. She said go to the big shop. I went there, they let the best mechanic check it. In the first shop the guy only said , the clutch was loose, even after he did something, the problem was still there. So in the big shop after they rode it again, they adjusted the clutch more, and put more pressure in the tires. so now, this vibration was gone when I pressed the brake at low speed without/with clutching. The only difference now was that I have to disengage the clutch much more so that the bike start going. I hope someone can tell me what exactly was so I can explain better if happen again. And I Wonder , why with the clutch as it was before it was ok, then suddenly not ok, now when they readjusted it ( have to get used again) is ok, and if ajust it as it was it wont be ok. Sorry if not very clear explanation. OR may needed just more pressure and harder tires.

Edited by Nebula

This Cbr thread is quiet for long. I just read what Karlos said ab his chain so I decided to share here. 3 days ago, when braking at low speed, I was feeling some kind of vibration, or /and resistance with my foot on the brake. I m not sure what other word can I use... also if I m not wrong, only when engaging the clutch there was similar tension but not so often...anyway, I was feeling like the brake dont bite and there s something going on with it. I took it to small shop, a branch of a bigger one where I usually go, since I knew the manager there speaks very well in english.

I explained, she translated, the mechanic rode around, and coming back he said its normal, have to shift faster and so on. Ok, I agree, but this started just 2 days ago. So I told her , something is wrong but since I know nothing about bikes what could it be, big issue small or nothing. She said go to the big shop. I went there, they let the best mechanic check it. In the first shop the guy only said , the clutch was loose, even after he did something, the problem was still there. So in the big shop after they rode it again, they adjusted the clutch more, and put more pressure in the tires. so now, this vibration was gone when I pressed the brake at low speed without/with clutching. The only difference now was that I have to disengage the clutch much more so that the bike start going. I hope someone can tell me what exactly was so I can explain better if happen again. And I Wonder , why with the clutch as it was before it was ok, then suddenly not ok, now when they readjusted it ( have to get used again) is ok, and if ajust it as it was it wont be ok. Sorry if not very clear explanation. OR may needed just more pressure and harder tires.

Sorry, i don't understand the problem but you should for sure use the recommended tire pressure and some normal recommended tires (i would assume you have them already). And do yourself a favour and buy a pressure gauge. They are sold in every supermarket and cost not more than 100-150 Baht. And with a foot pump for bicycles with Schrader valves you are the king and do not need to rely on bike shops for your air pressure anymore.

I would like some clarity in regards to the quote "The only difference now was that I have to disengage the clutch much more so that the bike start going". Are you stating that after adjustment the clutch needs to be further from the handlebar? That is indicative of a clutch that was tightened up.

Is it overly tight? It may be! If you received the bike from the dealership with an overly tight clutch it would have allowed you to brake against the engine (which I understand from this quote "this vibration was gone when I pressed the brake at low speed without/with clutching") without a shuddering as there may have been just enough tension to allow the clutch to slip for you. This however is NOT good as it was not designed to do that. You end up glazing the clutch plates and ruin them.

Basically there's a couple of things that need to happen. Number one is to realise that while you can brake at higher speeds and not have a shudder as the engine will decelerate with the bike, at lower speeds the engine will not be as happy to do so and most likely will be in a lower gear which means that it has a mechanical advantage. So when you are slower clutch! Secondly you need to break out the service/owner's manual and find the page that describes the distance the clutch should have in 'play'. Insist on getting the clutch lever adjusted to that specification (or do it yourself as it is very simple). Really, Honda's engineers know much more than Somchai at the shop! Finally learn where the RPM point is (doesn't have to be super precise as you shouldn't be watching the tach but rather 'feeling' it) that the bike starts shuddering when you brake and don't clutch. From then on, a little bit before the bike reaches that RPM point go ahead and pull in the clutch.

I am not sure about the clutch distance, I l have to see, but when I told the mechanic about it, he told me to try the clutch of the new CBR for sell next to where we were talking. He said its like this. Could it be other than the distance. And what you say about the shuddering when braking without clutch, I m not sure I have noticed this , it was always pretty stable feeling. But then I think I always clutch, really dont want to stall hahaha. And about the tires, I l have to see this gauge. I just didn expect I ll need to put pressure so soon after I did at one petrol station. And at the dealer the man said, must be 29 front and 33 back.

2013 models announced for the US.

Silver rims and fairings are gone.

All black (including rims and heat shield)

All red.

A White tri-colour that looks like the 2012 white CBR150 that's here in Thailand.

And..

A Repsol version.

http://powersports.h...13/cbr250r.aspx

i always thought the silver on silver was the classiest looking one. The new red one looks like it could use some black accents somewhere.