True Play

Blackcoda110

Hi all,

I am relatively new here and i just wanted to talk about what True did yesterday. I called up True to check my internet speeds which were very slow and i had trouble connecting as password and username were invalid. It took me 3 tries to connect. Anyways, the technician came to my house and checked my internet and thought that it was working fine and he connected with his username and password on his laptop and the speeds were twice as high as mine even though i was on a 2560. He then asked me if i wanted to add 1mbit to my connection. I said yes and he made it 3072kbps. There was a very minor speed boost but i would get speeds up to 300 KBps downloading and then it would decrease to about 200 KBps. However, he said that the thai government was taking the money given to the True Corp by us and that he controls the bandwidth! Thats why we don't have a SPEED GUARANTEE for international sites! He however told me that next year 2006, international sites speeds are guaranteed along with download speeds. True is cheating here though, because the only adsl that's faster is vdsl which is guaranteed for better speeds... not our adsl. He also mentioned that xxxx@truehisp is slower than xxxx@trueadsl.... :o its weird isn't it?!