"Big C" Shopping Center- North Pattaya

toenail

It seems to be the nature of buildings in Thailand (interior and exterior) to face neglect and no upkeep once it has been built, I was surprised last spring when I noticed that the restrooms at the North Pattaya Big C shopping center had been totally remodeled that looks like something out of a Better Homes and Gardens magazine (Martha Steward would be proud) . Great interior design with canned ceiling lighting, expensive but functional floor tiling, spring green ceiling(I"ll call it rice paddy green) ... and even thought was given to the location of the plants and its lighting. -- So uncommon to see interrior design put into public restrooms.

I guess my entry will bring a few chuckles to readers on this forum, but it is so out of character to see Big Bahts spent on updating restrooms when the rest of a building can be falling apart.

I have to admit that I neither like BigC nor Lotus. And when I go shopping I do not look for public restrooms other in case of emergency :rolleyes:

All these stores look same same, same design, same franchises....so boring!

Coincided with the development of Central Pattaya Beach, as did Royal Garden's overhaul of the food court. Was very much needed.

Still doesn't stop people dribbling all over the seats and/or not flushing. It's great however that there is an urinal and wash basin at kids level.