Help! I Lost My Only Motorbike Key...

cib

I just lost the only key of my scooter (yamaha) and I wonder what to do:

-The wheel is locked so I can not move it...

-I bought it (second hand) in a shop in Ratchadamoen Rd 10 months ago, and I have all the papers to prove that is really mine..

Ideas?

make a police report , the key part is the easy part , the part to explain is your car and is not what you give away or what so ever is the hard .

usually i would just type out how to solve your problem . but considering this info i am about to give can be use for bad people . when there read it . PM me .

Lost a key (well, wife did) while visiting Kad Suan Kaew shopping mall. Found a "key-shop" ground floor near exit door.

The guy took a... hmm... "make-it-all-key?" from the shelf - walked to the bike and unlocked the thing. Not sure whether

he measured something or took some other data - but walked 40m back to the shop. Produced new key in 5 min and handed it over,

80 or 120 baht or so.. can't remember.

No ID's, registrations or other. Sure we still had the parking ticket for the bike so we were ok to drive

away with the brand new key and (our) bike.

Afraid that one could take any bike out similar fashion by just being convincing enough while driving away.... hmm..

Changing the whole lock module costs less than 1000b, if my memory serves right.

Good service, bad security - go figure.

Thanks a lot both of you:jap:

I was fearing tons of trouble but I hope that's going to be ok tomorrow

Notes to myself :

1-buy a brain with more powerful memory

2-make a spare key as soon as I get the new one....

Notes to myself :

Have you tried any scissors ?

I got the same problem before , they work on any honda model ,

not sure Yamaha , just put it in slightly and turn it over ,

yes it is that easy . :whistling:

Edited by tijnebijn

Notes to myself :

:lol: :lol: :lol:

On the subject of getting a new brian... :D

A couple of years ago I misplaced my key when I locked my bike up for storage. I "hid" the key for safe keeping. Trouble is that I forgot where I hid it when I returned. I did just as others here suggested and got a new one. I didn't find the original key until two years later when going through my library of books. Seems I stuck the key between the pages of a book I don't read very often...B) .

Ya just get a locksmith guy to come by and he'll have it sorted out in minutes. Usually they just test a few keys to find one that works "best" then just fine tune it to work a little better, and voila. Less than 200b sure!

Yep, locksmiths are very clever here.Get you sorted real quick

I had my lock on the ignition/front wheel on a Honda Wave replaced for about 450B. If anyone ever does this, always buy the Honda part. At first the guy fitted an after market copy, and the quality was terrible, I could probably have picked it with my finger.

Only problem after that was the back lock was different to the front one. For the OP's situation, getting a new key made is best.