Elections All Bars To Close

jdee

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People such as your good self are what makes a democracy. I commend you. Everyone has the right to their opinion, regardless if it is an opinion held by few. if anyone else. for that matter.

As a matter of interest though, you mention the "few moaners." Well, i have already commented on you not reading the posts, so i shall have to say again, READ THE POSTS, and you will find that it is you my friend who is in the tiny minority.

With your views,I'd also say very doubtful you have been here 25 years....more like 25 days.

Really? Oh what a learned response.Thailand is the only tourist destiantion in the world, have to change all the laws to suit. Please get real & go out and look at the rest of the world and major tourist destinations.

Not the first or last time someone will moan about having to close for elections / religious or national day.Simple fact is , learn how to live with it , if you can't afford to close for these days, you shouldn't be in business anyway.

Never heard anyone moan about immigration, banks, government offices closing.How dare they? It's a tourist destination.

I am sure tourists are aware of laws & can understand. They are not all the way some people here paint them " can't live without a drink", they are not all bar a hopping mob.

Please excuse me now, have to go to school to learn how to read.

Who mentioned "bar hopping mob?" They are on holiday Dr Holmes. They are looking to have a good time having slogged it out at work for the last year. Bar curfews are simply not tourist friendly are they.

Please don't take the time to reply. However i might be starting a new topic on what have you learnt during your time in Samui if you fancy a swift one liner. :lol:

Enjoy the sunshine.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Fantastic

Thank You

Amazing post from the OP. Poor farang bar owner can't make money. It's their country , their rules. It's not all about farangs & drinking. What about workers that have to vote? They might have to travel.

Are you for real?

just in case you live in a bubble, Koh Samui is supposed to be a tourist and holiday destination, to most westerners that means going out and enjoying your holiday in any way that suits

them, so closing entertainment venues is anti productive.

you are correct in noticing "it's their country" but explain this to me, Thailand is supposed to have a democratic democracy!

ok so why dictate to the few people on Samui who can actually vote to refrain from alcohol?

do the powers that be think that banning beer bars from opening will give the voter a clearer reflection on who to vote for? or do they believe that the

voting people are so stupid they believe there is a need to act like big brother.

Just about every bar I know of that is farang owned can not vote, and majority of the staff are not from suratthani.

another thing that you fail to understand is that there are few Bars that actually generate any form of substantial profit, most farang bar owners work their butt off

to maintain enough money to remain here in this great place rather than go back to Europe or Australia.

Bar owners and Establishments with sense, would know and allow for national days .Do you honestly think all tourists are affected by not being able to buy a drink in a bar for a couple of days ? What gives you the impression that they all come here to drink everyday?

But as it seems, the ones that always moan are the ones with no business sense and desperates and there are a few here.If they are that hard up, go home and get a job

Next will be religious days. Are they also a major inconvenience? Should they be abolished to accommodate the oh so generous and benevolent few moaners?

You are basically saying that because it's a tourist destination, national laws don't apply .

National laws ? Where have you been the past 30 years ? Your post says it all, not goin to bother to click on you anymore. time is precious Geeeeeeezzz

Some people are so self absorbed and sanctimonious they will never get a grip of anything no matter how long they live somewhere.

Anyway, i am not one to get involved in a mud slinging contest and you are welcome to your opinions no matter how narrow minded they might be.

Have a nice day.

pot & kettle !

:lol: Normally I'd agree but to be fair carmine has it spot on this thread. ;)

Yeah lazy useless bar owners should bugger off home and stop working from lunchtime until the early hours of the morning seven days a week. Bloody chancers so they are.....:crazy::crying:

Probabaly did a little. I just think it is ridiculous farangs thinking they are doing thais a favour employing them, farangs are the ones preventing repeat custom, if you travel such a long distance expecting a thai experience and all you get is farang bars... what exactly is the point in going? I want to go to a thai establishment run by thais only.

I want to go to a thai establishment run by thais only.

A fair statement. I know many people who would like to see more local flavour here.

But why is it that all the bars and restaurants are NOT run by Thais? I mean, the landownership laws, the employment laws, the visa rules, the taxation rules, the local knowledge etc etc etc ...... there are all in favour of the Thais - as perhaps is correct - but yet they don't run all the bars. Why is this?

Some people are so self absorbed and sanctimonious they will never get a grip of anything no matter how long they live somewhere.

Anyway, i am not one to get involved in a mud slinging contest and you are welcome to your opinions no matter how narrow minded they might be.

Have a nice day.

pot & kettle !

:lol: Normally I'd agree but to be fair carmine has it spot on this thread. ;)

Yeah lazy useless bar owners should bugger off home and stop working from lunchtime until the early hours of the morning seven days a week. Bloody chancers so they are.....:crazy::crying:

Probabaly did a little. I just think it is ridiculous farangs thinking they are doing thais a favour employing them, farangs are the ones preventing repeat custom, if you travel such a long distance expecting a thai experience and all you get is farang bars... what exactly is the point in going? I want to go to a thai establishment run by thais only.

i feel the same way when i go back to the states, i only buy coffee at shops with american staff and the guy making my burger better be fat, missing some teeth and holding a beer can otherwise i really don't feel like i'm getting the real deal. obnoxious foreigners are always meddling in my authentic experience.

Edited by joe84330

A fair statement. I know many people who would like to see more local flavour here.

But why is it that all the bars and restaurants are NOT run by Thais? I mean, the landownership laws, the employment laws, the visa rules, the taxation rules, the local knowledge etc etc etc ...... there are all in favour of the Thais - as perhaps is correct - but yet they don't run all the bars. Why is this?

Anybody want to have the real thai experience better like Karaoke! Plenty of those establishments around, I wonder why rarerly any farang goes there. B)

Anybody want to have the real thai experience better like Karaoke! Plenty of those establishments around, I wonder why rarerly any farang goes there. B)

very good point, i think most people would rather have there finger nails plunked out by a rench they endure 1 hr of Thai Karaoke !

the answer to this is so painfully obvious that i must assume you forgot the tongue in cheek emoticon.

very good point, i think most people would rather have there finger nails plunked out by a rench they endure 1 hr of Thai Karaoke !

reminds me of the thai guy around songklha who recently went ballistic, killing something like 6 people after having to endure john denver's "country road" one too many times. as a neighbor and not customer btw.

fact is there are plenty of thai owned bars run for tourists to go to,if you want to to go to thai owned bars run for for thais see how welcome you are on entering,unless you go with thai customers.The fact is tourists will only frequent bars that look farang friendly.Like looks for like.Amen.

fact is there are plenty of thai owned bars run for tourists to go to,if you want to to go to thai owned bars run for for thais see how welcome you are on entering,unless you go with thai customers.The fact is tourists will only frequent bars that look farang friendly.Like looks for like.Amen.

I've always been under the impression that Thai bars were for locals only. Not that they will stop you from entering, but you won't be the most wlecome guy around. by the other male customers.

Edited by koheesti

A thai singing thai music in karaoke is bad enough , but a thai trying to sing westerns songs is a torture method even the CIA would consider beyond humane ;)

Too true. I used to live in monkey theatre for a few months and had to listen to the dulcet tones of karaoke every other night.

Think i'd rather be water boarded.

I've always been under the impression that Thai bars were for locals only. Not that they will stop you from entering, but you won't be the most wlecome guy around. by the other male customers.

Correct.

well, some people do want the authentic thai experience.

They were all shut last weekend as well anyway.

Authentic? Bloody hel_l if you walked into a pub in small town Scotland on a Friday night the karaoke would be just as bad if not worse than Thailand. Added to which the locals could be even more hostile and who could blame them eh? Rich out of towner out to nick my GF.......outside the lot of you!!

:D

Authentic? Bloody hel_l if you walked into a pub in small town Scotland on a Friday night the karaoke would be just as bad if not worse than Thailand. Added to which the locals could be even more hostile and who could blame them eh? Rich out of towner out to nick my GF.......outside the lot of you!!

:D

And don't ya love hearing a drunk Scott singing Karaoke. :burp: They all think their Pavarotti. :drunk:And yes,they are easily upset if they do not win. :passifier:

Edit: And they are difficult to understand when drunk, or at the best of times.

Edited by sevenhills

And don't ya love hearing a drunk Scott singing Karaoke. :burp: They all think their Pavarotti. :drunk:And yes,they are easily upset if they do not win. :passifier:

Edit: And they are difficult to understand when drunk, or at the best of times.