Hotel Handy To Airport

mikemac

Hi,

I saw the pinned post, "Hotels close to the airport", but can anyone recommend a good place to stay for 1 night, I have to stay the night and don't want to go into the city. I hear there are quite a few handy to the airport, swampy that is.

Thanks,

Mikemac

Hi,

I am assuming you are talking about Suvarnabhum Airport?

There is the expensive option where you do not have to go out of the airport at all. its a hike down to the end of the furthest gate G I think or H.

It cost me 2000 baht for 4 hours, I think its 8000 baht for 12 hours. Louise Tavern is the name of the owners. The rooms were very nice and it saves leaving the Airport.

The other option for a small but nice for the price hotel is the Convenient resort. google convenientresort The rates are very good 1300 up to 2600 baht, the staff very helpful.

Then there is the 5 star Suvarnabhum Novo Hotel that is about 5000 bhat a night

Hope that helps a bit and thats all I have had experience with.

Just booked Queens Garden Resort at River View..has shuttle ....US$30.00 a night, single..looks pretty nice..

I always stay at this hotel with an overnight stop if early morning flight or late incoming flight. Really nice rooms with transport available as well . Good rooms and close to the airport. I think l paid 1000 baht for a night stay. Recommended

Another vote for Queen's Garden from me. Good service, very reliable transfers, nice little bar/restaurant out front with draught beer Sing.

well thanks guys ..that IS nice to know.will be there Monday night for a few days and again on my way to Canada at Xmas.,,,,ain't TV great??!!! lol... have a good one

cheers

david

Hi,

I should look on www.tripadviser.co.uk (indispensable for all flights, hotels,restaurant recommendations etc.). We stayed at the Hotel Mariya through tripadvisor which directed us to www.booking.com . Good discount - very friendly, clean hotel (but no lift) - decent breakfast included. Free internet in foyer area. Very good value. About 10 minutes by taxi from the airport. Decent and quiet restaurants, ice cream etc. in a side road nearby (on opposite side of road near a local market) - about 10 minutes walk.

Just returned from Queens Garden, Booked through www.Atsiam.com - the cheapest!!!

Restaurant on site a bit expensive, but walk up the soi where there is a 7/11 and next door is a great place for good cheap Thai food. Closes at 7.30 though. Other places close by.

Good hotel for plane spotting, and surprisingly quiet inside. Huge fish in the klong

Free shuttle to and from airport

I've used Queens Garden Resort and Great Residence Hotel.

Both booked via Asia Rooms for under 1000 Baht including transport - I prefer Great Residence.

Really, I thought Great Residence was a bit of a misnomer. OK for one night - just.

Would not rush back but I am interested to hear how you felt it was superior to Queens Garden (where I have not stayed but have had good reports).

Just returned from Queens Garden, Booked through www.Atsiam.com - the cheapest!!!

Restaurant on site a bit expensive, but walk up the soi where there is a 7/11 and next door is a great place for good cheap Thai food. Closes at 7.30 though. Other places close by.

Good hotel for plane spotting, and surprisingly quiet inside. Huge fish in the klong

Free shuttle to and from airport

Another little gem when staying at QG - on the opposite corner to the 7/11 (on the right as you walk down the soi) is a very good Duck noodle place. Lunch time only though I think.

I've used Queens Garden Resort and Great Residence Hotel.

Both booked via Asia Rooms for under 1000 Baht including transport - I prefer Great Residence.

Really, I thought Great Residence was a bit of a misnomer. OK for one night - just.

Would not rush back but I am interested to hear how you felt it was superior to Queens Garden (where I have not stayed but have had good reports).

Can't comment on Queens Garden but at Great Residence I had a nice sized, nicely laid out clean room, the staff were very helpful. The pick up at the airport was quick, seeing as they didn't know I was coming because I didn't fill out the form on Agoda.com. They woke me up in plenty of time for my flight the next day. Driver looked a little disappointed with my 'kii nieow' tip but he'd only driven me for 5 minutes :lol:

As for staying there longer, I don't think I would, it's ideal for a gap between flights but is too near the airport (far from the city) for much else.

Oh, and it was 600 baht including pick up/drop off :)

Edited by bifftastic

stayed at both the Great Residence and the Thong Ta Resort,,, great Residence 1500 baht for deluxe room 2 persons, free airport shuttle offered, and set breakfast omlette w tea/coffe and toast,,,, ok for the 1 night "only"

Thong Ta Resort, booked through sawadee.com 750 baht for standard room, 2 persons, airport shuttle, similar breakfast offered, more newer looking rooms offered in the thong ta,,,,,, both hotels around 10 to 15 mins drive from airport

Great residence was 680 baht for two in a standard room. No breakfast but transport both ways to airport. Booked through Aisarooms

Felt the room and bathrooms were nicer than the Queens Garden, but there is no coffee. Swimming pool looks nice.

The Silver Gold Garden Hotel used to have a 1/2 day rate of B500, but I don't see it on their web site any more. I'm not sure it was an evening rate or a day room rate, but it might be worth contacting them directly to inquire. I have stayed there 10 times overnight and can recommend it.

I see some booking sites like sawadee.ccom and LateStays.com show an overnight rate of B689/night (B585 + tax) which isn't too bad, you could just check out when needed around midnight.